Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbdoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
About 5 mins of playtime on the iPhone 4 and the heat it emits is quite noticeable. Perhaps even uncomfortable. Anyone else experiencing this?

phrint

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Ohio
Mine is cool to the touch and I've been syncing for a little over an hour with photos and restoring. My 3GS would be quite warm right now but the 4 isn't even breaking a sweat.

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Is it plugged in/charging? Mine got really warm at first too, but once I unplugged it everything was fine. I've played a bit of Rockband and Guitar Hero on it and it barely gets warm.

cbdoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Is it plugged in/charging? Mine got really warm at first too, but once I unplugged it everything was fine. I've played a bit of Rockband and Guitar Hero on it and it barely gets warm.

Not plugged in or charging. It seems to get hot where the processor sits during somewhat routine load.

coelacanth

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2004
Typically, battery runs hotter when it's spankin' new. Let it run for a few charging cycles and see if that changes things. Kinda like engines.

If not, to the G-bar!

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
Mine is definitely much hotter while web browsing than the 3GS was. I've also got a problem it seems with the proximity sensor, not sure if maybe it could be related and the phone is possibly defective.

Are you guys seeing any other problems along side the heat issue?

Sean4123

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2009
Hahhahaha. I love it. From what i've found out about the iPhone 4 today is that you're either going to get a perfect device or a complete lump of s***. I wouldn't be surprised if all the perfect devices start to see yellow spots too as they allow the phone to get hotter and hotter. I hope i'm wrong.

ndpitch

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2010
Mine gets noticeably warm. I was showing my dad google maps with the compass, and the first thing he said when he held it was "this is really hot!"

Heydunn

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
Hot Iphone 4s

We bought 3 new Iphone 4s's. one white 16GB, one Black 16GB and one white 32GB. The white 16GB does seam to get very warm to almost hot with little use and the other two phone no heat or very little heat at all with I'd say heavy use. I'm going to take it to apple and see what they say, I would think this is not normal. Hmmmm.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.