Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rs14smith

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Hey, I know the iPad just got an App where it allows you to use it as a wireless secondary monitor.

So I'm wondering, such technology should be available for the macbook too right?

I know it's a bit sluggish, but here at work I only have 1 monitor and I do a lot of coding/multitasking work and if I could use my laptop as a secondary monitor (wirelessly/wired), that would be great.

My work PC has Windows on it though, so that's something to note.

Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hey, I know the iPad just got an App where it allows you to use it as a wireless secondary monitor.

So I'm wondering, such technology should be available for the macbook too right?

No, neither the MB nor the MBP will do that, but the 27" iMac will.

rs14smith

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
No, neither the MB nor the MBP will do that, but the 27" iMac will.

Yeah I know that about the iMac, but I just found some software that may do exactly what I want, however, I'd just have to run this under bootcamp as it's windows software only.

I've seen a few youtube videos of it working as well.

:)

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
Yeah I know that about the iMac, but I just found some software that may do exactly what I want, however, I'd just have to run this under bootcamp as it's windows software only.

I've seen a few youtube videos of it working as well.

:)
Please share your findings. Not that I'm in need of the thing you're looking for, but it happens too often that people find the answer to their own question, yet don't share the answer. Please don't be such a person.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.