Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone4GUser10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Is anyone who received an iPhone 4 experiencing the camera/video app freezing causing a firm reboot ? This happens with the software with the actual iPhone ?

Thanks.

iranintoavan

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
I'm having this too. It seems to be anything related to the camera cause any third party camera apps cause the crash too. Very upsetting because this is brand new and I can't even see the camera.

wallyn

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
My iphone 4 16 gig keeps rebooting around 3 to 5 minutes in a conversation. Happens consistently.

sevenpucks

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
My camera freezes at startup. Always shows a closed shutter. Have not been able to test with FaceTime to see if it works for that.

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
I got my phone on Thursday and it's doing the same thing. Freez and then reboot any time the camera is used no matter what app is attempting to use it. I went through troubleshooting steps with support and I didn't want to pay $30 to ship me a phone before I ship mine back nor did I want to go without a phone for 1 to 2 weeks so they set me up with a Genius Bar appt. since I'm going to be in Austin this weekend. Hopefully they have a replacement for me there.

brad

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Took it to the genius bar this morning. They verified it was hardware and replaced the phone.

Enstriel

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
Hey guys, can you tell me one thing. Did you JB'ed your phone (via jailbreakme.com) and had this problem, or was it present even out of the box? Please I need a honest answer!

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.