Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:34 PM   #1
edtorious
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to edtorious Send a message via Yahoo to edtorious
Question FEDEX Drivers knows access codes?

Do the Fedex drivers knows the access codes to gain entrance to our gated condo community by now? We don't have the intercom kind of thing at the gate but we all have general access code to gain entrance. But I've seen them delivered inside our condo before and wonder how they gain entrance? I'm worried that if they see that it's gated they won't try to do at least everything they can to deliver my iPhone 4. I'm thinking of leaving the gate open but I don't wanna be liable for any crime that may happen inside our condo if I do that, how about I leave a note by the gate to call me but then I have to leave my phone number out there for the whole world to see and will the driver even try to call? Forgive me for being so worried about this I know I sound so desperate, I'll probably just stay outside our condo looking like a fool all day

"Excellence I try to achieve, Perfection is 's business..."
edtorious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:35 PM   #2
Munitalp
macrumors 65816

How could anyone on MacRumors know if the FedEx driver knows the code for the security gate at your condo
Munitalp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:41 PM   #3
edtorious
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to edtorious Send a message via Yahoo to edtorious
Cool

I was just wondering if anybody are in the same situation as I am who are gated apartments or condo and if the Fedex drivers were able to get in? And how?

"Excellence I try to achieve, Perfection is 's business..."
edtorious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:42 PM   #4
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Call the manager/management co. They would know.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:43 PM   #5
Eddyisgreat
macrumors 601

um our delivery guy can get in just fine I don't know how management has it setup...he may have his own code.

But when we have a different delivery driver they don't even try to get in. They just keep going and the status changes to "nobody home".
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:55 PM   #6
Dfndr90
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtorious View Post
Do the Fedex drivers knows the access codes to gain entrance to our gated condo community by now? We don't have the intercom kind of thing at the gate but we all have general access code to gain entrance. But I've seen them delivered inside our condo before and wonder how they gain entrance? I'm worried that if they see that it's gated they won't try to do at least everything they can to deliver my iPhone 4. I'm thinking of leaving the gate open but I don't wanna be liable for any crime that may happen inside our condo if I do that, how about I leave a note by the gate to call me but then I have to leave my phone number out there for the whole world to see and will the driver even try to call? Forgive me for being so worried about this I know I sound so desperate, I'll probably just stay outside our condo looking like a fool all day
Most likely if it is the regular driver they will know the code. If you ever get close to a truck look up on the visor and you will most likely see a sticker with about a dozen codes on it for all the random gates and doors they have to get through in a day.

In the old days most couriers just kept this info written down on their clipboard, but now they all carry a computer to get the signature so they have taken to just putting it on the visor.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 05:01 PM   #7
Fantasigraphic
macrumors 65816

Don't know about your condo but some of my drivers has access to apt and condos that are given out by the complex management.

Also a buddy of mine work for fire dept and I asked him about it and he said usually there's an emergancy code built it like example #0911. I don't know how the emergancy people know it unless it's registered with city codes dept or what.
Fantasigraphic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 05:10 PM   #8
jtara
macrumors 65816

Have your management contact Fedex, or vice-versa. They will need to contact FedEx Ground separately!

Fedex has a horrible system for dealing with this. My driver keeps this stuff on his personal cell phone, and when there is a substitute driver, he leaves it on a bulletin board (physical, cork-board) where the substitute is SUPPOSED to look for messages.

As well, HOAs can be incredibly daft about this. Most board members are more interested in display their petty powers than actually doing anything useful. Controlling access to the "secret gate codes" is one of their powers. (No matter if people are breaking into your garage regularly and breaking into cars with no security cameras to catch them. They'll defend those "secret codes" to their death!)
jtara is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 05:13 PM   #9
saving107
macrumors 603

I doubt this is the first time (ever) that a FedEx/UPS/USPS driver has ever delivered to a gated community/condo/apartments.

I'm sure they know what to do.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone