Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:39 PM   #1
smeg36
macrumors regular

iPhone 4 Can't Restore; 1602, 1604, and 3014 errors

For some reason my new iPhone 4 couldn't create a backup. So I finally just decided to restore and start over to see if that would fix it. But now I'm stuck, and can't restore. On one of my computers it gets stuck at the preparing iPhone for restore screen, then eventually gives me either a 1602 or 1604 error without ever loading the rom. On my other computer it goes through the restore process, and has the progress bar on the iPhone, then eventually give me a 3014 error and goes back to the iTunes screen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes 9.2 on both, deleted and redownloaded the firmware, and searched endlessly for a solution. Nothing seems to work. Help please! I've been trying to get my new phone working for hours now, and can't get it to restore.
smeg36 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Hellishness
macrumors 65816

Take it to Apple. They'll replace it (unless they don't have any yet).
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:29 PM   #3
smeg36
macrumors regular

Anyone have any ideas for a more immediate solution?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Mystikal
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to Mystikal
Aside from FULLY deleting iTunes on both comps, no...
Mystikal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:36 PM   #5
smeg36
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Aside from FULLY deleting iTunes on both comps, no...
Already did that. At least as fully as I know how. Deleted all the Apple programs from the Add/Remove programs, rebooted, then reinstalled 9.2.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:51 PM   #6
phiberglass
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to phiberglass
This happened to me too. I actually never got to the activation screen it just looped in restore mode. I took it to apple, they gave me a little tear off sheet and said come in tomorrow at 10 am and we will swap your iPhone. You don't have to wait in any lines. So getting it replace tomorrow. I've been trying for hours to fix it, but no avail.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:32 PM   #7
smeg36
macrumors regular

Wow, after 6 hours of messing with this I FINALLY got it resolved by using Hotspot Shield. Worked first try after installing and running that while doing the restore. That's on one of my computers. The other one never did get past the 1602 or 1604 error. Whew, annoying.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:15 AM   #8
linterna
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
Wow, after 6 hours of messing with this I FINALLY got it resolved by using Hotspot Shield. Worked first try after installing and running that while doing the restore. That's on one of my computers. The other one never did get past the 1602 or 1604 error. Whew, annoying.
my friend I have the same problem with my new iphone 4 could you please be mor specific??
how to fix this problem

thanks
best regards
Linterna
linterna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:39 AM   #9
smeg36
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by linterna View Post
my friend I have the same problem with my new iphone 4 could you please be mor specific??
how to fix this problem

thanks
best regards
Linterna
For the computer that was giving me the 3014 error I installed a program called Hotspot Shield. It's easy to find with Google. After installing that I was able to restore with no problems. I never could figure out how to get the computer with the 1602 and 1604 errors to restore.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:51 AM   #10
linterna
macrumors newbie

Quote:
For the computer that was giving me the 3014 error I installed a program called Hotspot Shield. It's easy to find with Google. After installing that I was able to restore with no problems. I never could figure out how to get the computer with the 1602 and 1604 errors to restore.
ok mate thanks for your fast answer
let me try and I will post results

regards
linterna
linterna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:11 AM   #11
Bandolier
Banned

16xx errors mean you're trying to restore to a firmware no longer supported by Apple. Unless you have your SHSHs saved which I'm sure you don't. You have to restore to the latest firmware.
Bandolier is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:31 PM   #12
Lka
macrumors newbie

When you get an error, it's still restored. Google for latest version of Tiny Umbrella. It has a button to "Kick out of restore mode" then you'll be good to go
Lka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 05:38 PM   #13
MzHolliWudKitti
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to MzHolliWudKitti
Quote:
i have a friend currently having this issue. I was curious how a web shield helps with this problem.
MzHolliWudKitti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 05:55 PM   #14
smeg36
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzHolliWudKitti View Post
i have a friend currently having this issue. I was curious how a web shield helps with this problem.
I have no idea why that solved it. But after trying everything else I read a couple posts from people saying this did it for them. So I tried it and it worked.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone