Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigDawgES

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2003
I've searched high and low for the following, with no luck:
a padded case for my 12in iBook--not a satchel, but a padded case that I will put into my (large) backpack. Everything I've seen is either skin tight (and thus no padding) or a huge shoulder bag/satchel.

I currently have to use a sweatshirt as a case :eek:
While my folding technique provides with a reasonable amount of padding, it lacks all dignity.

If you know of:
a) a case that fits this description or
b) a site with lots of reviews, please reply!

Thanks!

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
i love my incase, it fits like a glove and very thin, but padded pretty well.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
marware good

I was looking for the same thing as you - a case that I could throw in my backpack. I though about getting one of those that load vertically, but sometimes I just take my laptop with me, so I throw on the shoulder strap and go.

I'll agree about the marware. I use it, and think it's great. Two of my roommates are using the incase. While the incase is nice, I do prefer the plastic sheets and the rubberized bottom. The only issue I have is that the internal pocket (for documents) is a bit loose and I get worried that I'm going to try to shove me PB in there. But, on the whole I'd reccomnd it.

sleepypants

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2004
Canada
incase!

Ditto on the incase sleeve...bought one from the Apple online store along with my 12" iBook. Has 'retractable' handles (to carry on its own), you can clip on a shoulder strap, or you can put it in your backpack/bag.

BigDawgES

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2003
Thanks, all!

Thank you all for your input! The MarWare SportFolio II looks right for me. Besides the laptop possibly slipping into the internal pocket, are there any "cons" I should be aware of?

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2004
Booq

i second the recommendation for the Booq - it even has two (very small) pockets that can fit things like blank CDs, your DVI>VGA adapter, etc. the only problem with the Booq is that they think they're Nike. there were no less than seven instances of the Booq logo or the stylized "B" on the 12" sleeve that i bought (for $40). i paid for a bunch of fancy zippers, etc, in other words. i ripped out the stitches and replaced the zipper pulls with black cloth - now it's much quieter and much more discreet. it seems that their design department wanted to make a really good case, but the marketing department just wanted to sell copies of the logo. anyway, it's a good case, and maybe even worth the money.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
The marware bags are awesome. Aside from their neoprene fetish that is... (I have 3 marware products, all made out of neoprene)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.