Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Seriously. Geez one topic after another about these insane problems.

Yellow screens, face time not working, horrible reception, no activation, no syncing, sensors being messed up, sound glitches, etc...

Kind of makes me sick lol.

I'm sitting here with my iPhone that I've had since noon today and I have not encountered one single problem. This thing is literally perfect.

I feel really bad for the rest of you, seriously you have my sympathy, because this is the most hyped item I've ever seen and it sucks to know it's a disappointment to A LOT of you.

Dang I got lucky.

Anyone else have a "perfect" iPhone or am I the only one hear?

MrMac'n'Cheese

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2010
Seriously. Geez one topic after another about these insane problems.

Yellow screens Nope, face time not workingNope, horrible receptionNope, no activation Not at All, no syncingNope, sensors being messed up Nope , And Noooopesound glitches Nope, etc...

Kind of makes me sick lol.

I'm sitting here with my iPhone that I've had since noon today and I have not encountered one single problem. This thing is literally perfect.

I feel really bad for the rest of you, seriously you have my sympathy, because this is the most hyped item I've ever seen and it sucks to know it's a disappointment to A LOT of you.

Dang I got lucky.

Anyone else have a "perfect" iPhone or am I the only one hear?

Mine is the best tech I've ever owned Thanks Steve!!!

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
No you aren't. People with problems are more likely to post their issue on the internet. Other people notice the amount of 'problem' threads then assume almost everyone is having the same problems. Hiveminds, man.

I guess the ones who have perfect iPhones attempt to help the ones who don't...

Or you could care less and record videos making fun of everyone with a broken iPhone

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
My "problem" is livable (see the "dead pixel" post), but I haven't had to make any calls yet. That'll be tomorrow morning ;)

monksealpup

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
Honolulu, HI, USA
I guess the ones who have perfect iPhones attempt to help the ones who don't...

Or you could care less and record videos making fun of everyone with a broken iPhone

Most people with perfect phones stop coming back to the forums. Most people who are here after they get their phones are here to bitch about issues, get technical support (for some bizarre reason this makes more sense than calling AT&T or Apple or posting to the troubleshooting forum...), or just want to see what everyone else's results are like.

myosh

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
You're not alone. I got my iPhone this afternoon and no problems so far. The screen is absolutely amazing, it's fast compared to my old iPhone, I nearly blinded myself with the LED flash (my fault, I was messing with the camera) and overall, I'm very happy with it.

I can't comment on call quality or signal issues because I'm at home and AT&T cell service here has always been bad, doesn't matter what kind of phone I had, the reception just plain sucks.

As an aside, I went to Best Buy this evening to pick up an interim carry case and a screen protector (the one I want isn't shipping yet). The case looks fine but I screwed up when trying to apply the ZAGG shield (my fault) so for now, I applied a left over (unused) screen protector meant for my old iPhone just to keep the main screen protected.

Sinfire

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
People are always looking for the negatives and bad things. Someone holds their phone in a strange way and notices that the signal strength slowly decreases and all of a sudden there are 100 topics and a bunch of youtube videos illustrating the same thing. Chances are if someone did not post the initial video that most people would not have noticed the issue.

Either way, of the thousands of iPhones that were shipped the past 2 days, it looks like there are only a handful of people that are having issues.

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Most people with perfect phones stop coming back to the forums. Most people who are here after they get their phones are here to bitch about issues, get technical support (for some bizarre reason this makes more sense than calling AT&T or Apple or posting to the troubleshooting forum...), or just want to see what everyone else's results are like.

True.

Just someone else to b**** to.

sesnir

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2008
Well people usually only post if there's an issue. Mine is perfect too, though my signal strength bottoms out when I touch the sides lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.