Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 24, 2010, 09:39 AM   #26
SheepNutz
macrumors 6502a

I checked in the store seconds after turning the phone on for the first time and didn't see anyone. About 30 minutes after I got out of the store I started noticing them on the bottom two corners. Hopefully it'll just go away. If not, I'm not even sure I would return it, because I can barely notice it.
SheepNutz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 09:51 AM   #27
rmwhite
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHmathieu View Post
When you take it out of the fridge you will cause moisture to build up really badly, no?
I can't imagine it would be any worse than going from air conditioned car to hot Texas sun. Just don't freeze the hell out of it.

Alternatively, has anyone tried to take a hair dryer to it? Maybe someone who's going in for a replacement anyway? If it's a glue curing issue it might help, or it might make it worse.

Perhaps leave it in the sun? I'm not sure you've got anything to lose, and Apple will surely replace any product with a lasting defect.
rmwhite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 06:44 PM   #28
lilj4425
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac View Post
I had major yellow spots on the bottom corners of the iPhone 4 this morning when I received it (as shown in the other thread) and as of right now they have COMPLETELY faded away. I have no idea what caused this but it happened. So keep an eye on it over the next day or so if you have the issue.
Congrats. Your post made the national news: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37899765...ence-wireless/

This yellow discoloration is thought to be related to an adhesive used in affixing components underneath the screen. There is some hope that the off-color will fade as the bonding material cures. One MacRumors forum member wrote that his "major yellow spots" had faded by the second day. "Keep an eye on it over the next day or so if you have the issue," he suggested.
lilj4425 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 06:45 PM   #29
TurboSC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to TurboSC
no yellowing here. everything seems to be in order with the screen. Retina display is gorgeous.
TurboSC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 06:47 PM   #30
Loves2spoon
macrumors 65816

So are the majority of the defects associated with the 16gb or 32gb?

I'd gladly spend an extra $100 for a phone that works perfect.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 08:30 PM   #31
Jetwash
macrumors member

I don't have yellow spots, I've got a solid light yellow line from the bottom left side of phone to the bottom right. Hoping it goes away.
Jetwash is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:44 PM   #32
gittenlucky
macrumors newbie

Yellow line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetwash View Post
I don't have yellow spots, I've got a solid light yellow line from the bottom left side of phone to the bottom right. Hoping it goes away.
Do you still have this problem? Mine has a yellow line from the top right to bottom right.
gittenlucky is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone