Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I'm a firm believer that if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Anyone ever purchase anything from this site before I turn over my credit card number and get scammed for a million dollars?

jmike314

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Moore, OK
Well...I tried it.
Got that Rhino case for my wife's new phone...I'll hold out for the OtterBox.
3.50$ through Paypal...we'll see how it goes.

jmike314

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Moore, OK
wow you must love your wife... :rolleyes:

jk :p

Hey...she's all about what it looks like.
And I could wrap her phone in cardboard, surround it with bubble wrap, then fold a sofa cushion around it...the inevitable truth is that she will drop it, she will ding it up, she will misplace it at some point in time just as she has done her 3G.
For the most part, it ends up in her Ford F-150 of a payload style purse...so the cheap case will do until she finds something she likes better.

And to be clear...
Free case for wife + OtterBox for me = not on bit of shame or guilt :)

Foused504

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
If you pay by paypal and they dont ship you can always get your moneyback but quality wise i dont expect much only 8.00 for 2 minus well try

rockinrocker

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2006
I went ahead and ordered one. Doesn't seem particularly suspicious, they're just trying to capitalize on the hype to get some new customers.

We'll see, don't expect it do be anything great, but it'll at least provide some protection while I take my time and decide which case I really want.

subtleknife

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
I contemplated buying one of these cases prior to seeing this offer to get one for free. I suppose I'm glad I didn't end up buying one for the full price. I ended up ordering one of them for just the shipping price.

I don't know about the quality of the product, but I do tend to believe that this company is legitimate since they do sell their products on Amazon and I'm skeptical that Amazon would continue to list their products if they were a scam company; I'm sure they would have received numerous complaints from customers by now if that were the case.

http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-iPhon...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277395670&sr=8-1

They also appear to have a reasonably good seller rating:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html?ie=UTF8&seller=A30XRGG45X0IFD

IAmMeIAm

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2005
While it was years and years ago, I have in the past purchased and received a screen protector from Boxwave so the company at least is legit.

The Eclipse series appears to be a shameless ripoff of the iSkin Solo FX line of cases. I loved my 3G's solo (and, in fact, have the iPhone 4 in there right now. It's kind of a loose fit on the back, but it's working surprisingly well), so figure for $4.50 the knockoff is worth a try.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
OK.... i bit! i was looking at their colorsplash (colorwave?) one anyways... so for $3.50 what the heck!

too bad hubby can't order one, too since he just got an iphone yesterday...

wonder how long it will take them to ship out? i HATE using my iphone without a case.... :(

AnimalPetMail

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Couldnt resist...$4.50 through paypal....bought one. Got an order confirmation immediately saying it will ship in 24-48 hours.

I spend more at Starbucks...worst case scenario I fight with Paypal for $4.50...

rockinrocker

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2006
It's actually not that unusual of a deal.
I'd bet these cases cost them all of $.50 and probably a buck to ship, so they're still making some money.
The point is they'll get a bunch of new customers.

I even sprang for the expedited shipping cause I'm a sucker like that. :rolleyes:

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
I can vouch for Boxwave. Customer service is excellent. Ordered one free case, can't beat free stuff and I don't even have iPhone 4.

Psant

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
Just ordered one for $4.50 shipped to MA. Worst case scenario, it can be a good backup case if Wrapsol starts to peel or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.