Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daisy098

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
My iTouch got wet due to a spillage in my bag a few weeks ago. I am aware that rice would have been the best option to use, but at the time I did not know of this. It is not completely broken though as it flashes up the apple sign (as it does on turn on) whilst charging. I left it to dry out as it was unresponsive and recently it has been showing the pin number page and was able to be used the other day, but it is basically very temperamental and I wondered if anybody had any tips on how to fix it?

I apologise if this has already been posted but I did search and there was no matches, so I proceeded to post this.
Thanks!

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
My iTouch got wet due to a spillage in my bag a few weeks ago. I am aware that rice would have been the best option to use, but at the time I did not know of this. It is not completely broken though as it flashes up the apple sign (as it does on turn on) whilst charging. I left it to dry out as it was unresponsive and recently it has been showing the pin number page and was able to be used the other day, but it is basically very temperamental and I wondered if anybody had any tips on how to fix it?

I apologise if this has already been posted but I did search and there was no matches, so I proceeded to post this.
Thanks!

Well, i was gonna ask if the water signal was triggered but it obviously was, fyi, just in case this happens with something else, whatever you do, even for a test, if you so much suspect water damage, dont turn it on, then inspect the water signal, if there is one. I think the only people who can fix this is apple, but it would probably cost you. You could try the rice trick, except with desiccant, thats supposed to do a better job. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.