Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:46 PM   #1
jmh0523
macrumors member

FaceTime "flip" problem

Hey guys! I used faceTime for the first time (ha) and everytime i'd try to flip my bud said it'd freeze and he'd only see my face until i flipped it back to the front facing camera.... i called him 3 times and we both had a good signal.. For him when he tried to flip it would work but it would freeze his little window so he couldn't see what he was recording (however I could see it)... When I flipped tho I could see everything he just saw my frozen face tho >< anyone having a problem when flipping and know of a resolution??

TY
jmh0523 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:52 PM   #2
BeyondtheTech
macrumors 65816

Is your rear camera working? Try rebooting your iPhone.

One of my iPhones was stuck when trying to access the rear camera - the on-screen shutter wouldn't open. Rebooting it fixed the issue.
BeyondtheTech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:55 PM   #3
jmh0523
macrumors member

Thanks bud ill try that, I should have tried it but I was able to see my rear camera in the window >< will reply back in a min
jmh0523 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:06 PM   #4
executiveeditor
macrumors newbie

I've got the same problem—when my wife flips her camera, I see a still of her; when I flip my camera, I see a still of me. But she sees what's on the back side of my phone, and she sees what's on the back side of her phone.
executiveeditor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:08 PM   #5
executiveeditor
macrumors newbie

Rebooting Worked!

Eom
executiveeditor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 04:50 PM   #6
USchandlerGIRL
macrumors newbie

Same problem.. Rebooting didn't help.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 05:41 PM   #7
Storrow
macrumors regular

I had this problem also. I think it was due to a bad or weak connection though.
Storrow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 05:53 PM   #8
dewdst
macrumors member

i have this same issue
dewdst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:12 PM   #9
OsideRida06
macrumors member

I had the same problem. Instead of calling them and then hitting FaceTime, go to the person in your contacts and hit video chat or FaceTime or what ever it is that it says. Then it should not freeze anymore. I think it has something to do with being in wifi from the get go? And not having to switch from 3G to wifi? Really I have no idea why but it has NEVER freezer on my yet doing it this way, and it would freeze on the flip every time the other way.
OsideRida06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:43 PM   #10
Natesac
macrumors 6502a

I had the same problem. Rebooting the phone fixed it. Really I find I nee to reboot the iPhone 4 a little more often than I did with the 3GS, could just be ios 4. It's a slight annoyance. No biggie.

One thing I recommend is shutting it off every time you charge it. The phone will automatically power back on. Just a simple way to remind yourself to reboot every day. Just like you should with any computer.
Natesac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 09:00 PM   #11
lci3341
macrumors newbie

Had the same problem. Solution is to go into settings and turn OFF facetime... Then turn it back ON.
lci3341 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 09:44 PM   #12
Mliii
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Mliii Send a message via Yahoo to Mliii Send a message via Skype™ to Mliii
I've heard about others having this issue, but have not experienced it yet myself. I've had multiple FaceTime conversations with people so far and not had that happen.
I'm wondering whether this has anything to do with how many apps are open, etc. Just trying to figure out whether there is a common thread in causing this issue.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 09:55 PM   #13
8CoreWhore
macrumors 68000

When you transmit from the back HD camera, it uses way more bandwidth, so you run into a network bottle neck... you're sending and receiving at the same time... and your friend is also. You have to have 2 perfect networks to do this without hiccups.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone