Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:14 PM   #1
hotnts
macrumors member

*Iphone 4 led flash not working*

I started my day at the palisades center apple store at around 6:30. I was about the 200th person in line and probably the last person to buy the iphone 4 before they ran out. Now to the meat, I was checking out my phone noticing how snappy it was from my old 3g(VERY FAST BTW). I popped up the camera and used it a sec and popped the flash on and it worked wonderfully. I get home and begin the backup process of my 3g one last time then and while i am waiting i decide i will take some videos, well i start without flash then i go to switch it on and no flash. I called apple about this and they told me to restore as a new phone then restore from backup; I guess my question is has anybody else had this happen to them? I don't have any yellow or signal droppage BTW
hotnts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 06:29 AM   #2
hotnts
macrumors member

I called applecare last night and they decided it is a hardware issue. Apple is overnighting me a new phone and should get it today or monday at the latest. He wanted to charge me the $29 fee but i told him that is not really fair and he agreed, so it was waived. FYI it was not dropped, left in the sun, dropped in the toilet or get rain on it for that matter.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 06:57 AM   #3
hotnts
macrumors member

nobody else had this issue?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:22 AM   #4
justdanorm
macrumors newbie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnts View Post
nobody else had this issue?
Yes I am having this problem too. Am about to restore and see if it solves the problem.

Aggrivating
justdanorm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:55 AM   #5
iDutchman
macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 4 has not got a working camera at all.

The animation of the shutter just won't open. . I freakin' hate this.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 09:15 PM   #6
spidar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdanorm View Post
Yes I am having this problem too. Am about to restore and see if it solves the problem.

Aggrivating
did that work? I'm having the same problem...LED flash won't work
spidar is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting