Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Memphis88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I want to jailbreak and unlock my 3G so I can give it to my girlfriend. I posted a thread yesterday asking some questions, but it didn't get many responses and I am still just as confused.

The firmware is 3.1.3. I have seen a few places that you can't unlock the 3G once 3.1.3 has been installed on the phone. Is this true? If so, is there anything I can do to change it back to 3.1.2?

If it is possible to jailbreak and unlock the phone then what is the easiest/best way to do it? I am not very good with stuff at all so most of these threads and websites on the subject are going waaaay over my head.

Anyway, I appreciate any help I can get and thanks to those who are patient enough to respond. I know it can be annoying when people ask things that have been asked over and over again. It's just much easier to start a new thread rather than sift through hundreds of thousands of posts to find germane information.

Imsuperjp

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
I want to jailbreak and unlock my 3G so I can give it to my girlfriend. I posted a thread yesterday asking some questions, but it didn't get many responses and I am still just as confused.

The firmware is 3.1.3. I have seen a few places that you can't unlock the 3G once 3.1.3 has been installed on the phone. Is this true? If so, is there anything I can do to change it back to 3.1.2?

If it is possible to jailbreak and unlock the phone then what is the easiest/best way to do it? I am not very good with stuff at all so most of these threads and websites on the subject are going waaaay over my head.

Anyway, I appreciate any help I can get and thanks to those who are patient enough to respond. I know it can be annoying when people ask things that have been asked over and over again. It's just much easier to start a new thread rather than sift through hundreds of thousands of posts to find germane information.

Use spirit to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock if you want to stay with 3.13. If you want 4.0, update the phone and use redsn0w and ultrasn0w

SavMBP15

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
Use spirit to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock if you want to stay with 3.13. If you want 4.0, update the phone and use redsn0w and ultrasn0w

Personally I don't like Spirit. I would use Pwnage then Ultrasnow, or Redsn0w then Ultrasn0w.

You can still use both for 3.1.3 jailbreaks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.