Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jun 24, 2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Icaras
macrumors 601

@Rest - beautiful new stand for iPad by Heckler Design

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but if anyone here is even familiar with the name Heckler (his company makes gorgeous, albeit pricey, minimalist desks for Mac enthusiasts), he announced just earlier this week a very nice looking and functional new stand for the iPad called @Rest. Here's a linky:

http://hecklerdesign.com/atrest/

I've already pre-ordered one myself. I really like the idea of cable management and the various angles and setups you can have with your iPad.

Having a low angle setup will benefit my personally as I use my iPad for music production purposes in my studio. The holders that keep the iPad situated in place and the two wide feet at both ends looks like this is a really stable stand as compared to some other stands in the market.

Anyway, can't wait to try this one

Last edited by Icaras; Jun 24, 2010 at 08:56 PM.
Icaras is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 08:22 PM   #2
Galley
macrumors 65816

Nice design.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 09:06 AM   #3
itoddm
macrumors regular

Hmmm I like the idea that it will work for all future ipads. This could be my answer.
itoddm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:52 AM   #4
itoddm
macrumors regular

I'd really like to see it in silver.
itoddm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:30 PM   #5
misterbig
macrumors member

Could you take some pics of your setup with the @Rest? Really interested to see how this stand looks with the iPad on it.
misterbig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 02:39 PM   #6
Built
macrumors 68020

Doesn't look like it folds...which is a dealbreaker for those of us who travel extensively. I do like how they are honest on their website and admit this limitation. Kudos to them for doing so.

Otherwise, it is an aesthetically pleasing design.
Built is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 05:26 PM   #7
Tom G.
macrumors 65816

The main thing that I have against this and all other stands like that I've seen is that they only allow naked iPads in them. I have mine in a nice Peil Farmer case and don't like to take it out just to put it in a stand.

Just my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it.
Tom G. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:29 PM   #8
prot0type
macrumors regular

Actually the site does state that the pegs can adjust between a naked or encased iPad.
prot0type is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:21 PM   #9
charks
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prot0type View Post
Actually the site does state that the pegs can adjust between a naked or encased iPad.
I contacted Heckler about this. The maximum distance achievable from the front face to the back of the "pegs" is .84"...so it should handle all but the chunkiest of iPad cases.

Check out the Heckler Design facebook page. Plenty of new shots of the stand in black...red...yellow...silver and cream. Elegant...industrial and fairly priced. Plan on getting one for the kitchen.
charks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:09 PM   #10
Karnivore
macrumors 6502

Looks over-engineered to me. The bulk and complexity of the design negates simple streamlined look of iPad.

Just MO, of course.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:23 PM   #11
prot0type
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by charks View Post
I contacted Heckler about this. The maximum distance achievable from the front face to the back of the "pegs" is .84"...so it should handle all but the chunkiest of iPad cases.

Check out the Heckler Design facebook page. Plenty of new shots of the stand in black...red...yellow...silver and cream. Elegant...industrial and fairly priced. Plan on getting one for the kitchen.
Judging from the close up pic of the peg with the particular statement, it has two positions. Position one for a non cased iPad, position two for iPad with a case. I'm wondering if the Heckler crew would make a peg with a third position for cases a little bulkier than most.
prot0type is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:14 PM   #12
ics55
macrumors member

I just got one of these, and I can confirm it works with a Vaja Agenda which is pretty thick. It's a little snug, but it does work.
ics55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories