Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mickeyp49

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
I was just trying to compare sizes of the micro sim and regular sim cards sizes but my sim tray wouldn't open. Has anyone else has this problem or if you hadn't tried to open it could you PLEASE try, so I could see if something is wrong with my iPhone 4.

rmastbro

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
I was just trying to compare sizes of the micro sim and regular sim cards sizes but my sim tray wouldn't open. Has anyone else has this problem or if you hadn't tried to open it could you PLEASE try, so I could see if something is wrong with my iPhone 4.

I had a problem opening mine also. I used the SIM tool from my 3GS and had to push really hard to open it.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I had a problem opening mine also. I used the SIM tool from my 3GS and had to push really hard to open it.

Same here - took a ton of pressure to get it to pop open. Good thing you don't have to get in there very often. Kinda bummed that the iphone 4 didn't come with a SIM tool either - looks like you'll need a really small paper clip to fit in that hole.

mouchoir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2004
London, UK
Same here - took a ton of pressure to get it to pop open. Good thing you don't have to get in there very often. Kinda bummed that the iphone 4 didn't come with a SIM tool either - looks like you'll need a really small paper clip to fit in that hole.

It does (or at least mine does) come with a SIM tool.
It's in the white envelope with the instructions.

RobNor

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
Yes it's much harder to get out.Mine flew across the room when it finally came out

elephunkman

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2010
Boston

That sim card is really small though! I still have the ejector that came with the 3GS.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Just verified that I definitely did not get a sim card tool and it doesn't even look like there's a place where there should have been one.

Can anyone in the US confirm whether or not they got a sim card tool with theirs?

hpnas

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2009
Just verified that I definitely did not get a sim card tool and it doesn't even look like there's a place where theres should have been one.

Can anyone in the US confirm whether or not they got a sim card tool with theirs?

Pretty sure mine didn't come with one either but I had my 3G one

barroE

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Really? I don't see it in mine. Is it so small that I could actually miss it?

i think yours didnt come with it, i saw some unboxings on youtube and all of the unboxings from america didnt have the eject tool but i saw an international unboxing and it had it so mabey some do and some dont?

jyj

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2009
Just verified that I definitely did not get a sim card tool and it doesn't even look like there's a place where there should have been one.

definitely didn't get one with my phone.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
i think yours didnt come with it, i saw some unboxings on youtube and all of the unboxings from america didnt have the eject tool but i saw an international unboxing and it had it so mabey some do and some dont?

Kinda cheesy that they didn't include them. Wonder why. I have a spare anyway but they're really easy to lose. Maybe they don't want people popping them out and putting t-mobile SIMs in there after unlocking;).

zoman504

macrumors regular
May 10, 2010
I'm getting sick of all these absolute type threads. The iPhone 4 sim tray does open, nothings wrong with it (at least in general). I used a paperclip and it slid right out with ease. If you're having a problem, then state yours isn't opening, don't generalize it in the title.

KingMike26

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
I'm getting sick of all these absolute type threads. The iPhone 4 sim tray does open, nothings wrong with it (at least in general). I used a paperclip and it slid right out with ease. If you're having a problem, then state yours isn't opening, don't generalize it in the title.

Damn bro chill out, he never said that all iPhones have this problem.

atoksch61

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
If you are wondering why they made it this way, its becuase when you dropped your iphone 1st gen through 3rd gen after you dropped it many times it would say no sim installed. Tis helps stop that problem yes it will happen but not as often and may not ever happen to you.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
i been having the same problem with my 4 and 4s.. i got 4s out - flew across the room.. 4 still wont budge :((( dont wanna break it.. so i dunno.

Brian Homer

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
Just Push

It's easy once you realise that you push into the hole rather than try to hook it out. If you push it pops out enough to grab it.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
It's easy once you realise that you push into the hole rather than try to hook it out. If you push it pops out enough to grab it.
Not always. My iPhone 4 was very easy but my iPhone 4S was a very unfriendly player.

It took quite a bit of pressure to get the SIM tray to open the iPhone 4S, lots of steady pressure.

Dave

carolwayne903

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2014
Sim tray that does not open

I had to use a paper clip that was thicker than a normal paperclip. It has to fill up the hole in order to make the tray come out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.