Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
For the life of me I can't see what the point of linking 2 contact cards is?

From Googling, it seems it's intended so if you have duplicate contacts with differing details you can "merge" them. But if I have a contact with multiple details I simply add "home", "work", etc details within the original card.

any ideas?

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
But if I have a contact with multiple details I simply add "home", "work", etc details within the original card.

any ideas?
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it just came up on a search. :)

This might be handy for folks that sync contacts to their iPhones from multiple sources (i.e. their work, via Exchange + personal, via iCloud).

If a contact exists in both sources, they'd show up twice on your iPhone until you deleted them entirely off all of your sources but one.

Personally, that's how I'd handle it, but I know that approach won't fly for some. They'd want that contact to continue to exist (with just work-related info) in their work contacts, while simultaneously existing (with just personal info) in their personal contacts. So I guess being able to link them on the iPhone solves the issue of that contact show up twice. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.