Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 25, 2010, 05:45 AM   #1
Eltanin-Antenna
macrumors newbie

iPhone not recognized by iTunes after recovery.

I accidentally splashed water on my iPhone 3G, and in a panic I dried it carefully and put it in recovery mode to restore from a backup. The iPhone recovered fine and restored iOS 4.0 - however, when connecting to iTunes to restore from a backup, I get two errors: "We're experiencing a problem activating your iPhone" if from my usual account, or "Your iPhone is not recognized" if I try from a fresh account.

I've tried removing and reinstalling the SIM card several times, in case it wasn't set properly, but I don't think this is the issue, as the iPhone can tell the difference when the SIM isn't there.

Is it possible that the SIM itself has been damaged? Is there anything else I could try? I have a long trip ahead of me, and the notion of not having my iPhone is... disquieting to say the least. All help is welcome.
Eltanin-Antenna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:03 PM   #2
cavazorro
macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. I updated my 3G to OS 4 and then did a recovery. After the recovery, the phone is not recognized by iTunes. I restarted the phone, the iMac, I even reinstalled iTunes, still doesn't work. I get the "uknown error" message.
cavazorro is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting