Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Still waiting on updates for:

ProCamera - a paid for app that now doesn't recognize the flash or compass
Photoforge - a paid for app that crashes when opening a 5mp file
Beejive - a paid for app that doesn't use iOS 4 features

AndyCodez

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2009
I found out that my app seems to work ok on ios4 on my 3g but it didn't work on the iphone 4.. I havn't quite figured that out yet lol.

But if anyone is interested there will be an update soon to work on ios4.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I found out that my app seems to work ok on ios4 on my 3g but it didn't work on the iphone 4.. I havn't quite figured that out yet lol.

But if anyone is interested there will be an update soon to work on ios4.

and what app is that?

Marcjcd

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2007
SimplyTweet.... Notifications not working at all
Echofon... Notifications not working at all
Facecall+... Not working at all after then had an update. They are aware and say on their website they already submitted a patch to Apple to be released

ux4all

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Chicago, IL, USA
Weatherbug Elite... Header opens with a horizontal line running through it. Maps no longer load.

Have reset the phone and this did not solve the issue. I just uninstalled it and will reinstall this evening and see if this helps.

IronLogik

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
Beejive is working fine for me.

Yea I think the OP doesn't quite get that many apps will continue to function just fine on 4.0 from 3.1. They might not support any of the new features in 4.0 but they will continue to function. Beejive is certainly one of those still functioning apps.

iFlashCardPro, in my sig :p

So sad that you had to even reply.. I would've left him hanging. Clearly some people are unable to read...

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Stanza.

It's working somewhat, but some books you cannot read without deleting and re-installing the book.

IronLogik

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
SimplyTweet.... Notifications not working at all
Echofon... Notifications not working at all
Facecall+... Not working at all after then had an update. They are aware and say on their website they already submitted a patch to Apple to be released

If PUSH notifications are not working and you've upgraded phones I'd suggest "logging out" or equivalent on the new device and log in again.

Push notifications use unique numbers to each phone to reference the device. If you for example used a backup from a previous device and didn't retype in or relogin on the new device for some of these apps it's very likely it is trying to send push notifications to the old device, not the new one.

senorian

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2008
errr... I mean PocketTunes... :)

My pocket tunes is working fine. If you are refering to that it's not backgrounding just yet then I agree but it does work. I did read on their website that they have already submitted the update for it to work in the background but of course Apple hasn't approved it yet.

Marcjcd

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2007
If PUSH notifications are not working and you've upgraded phones I'd suggest "logging out" or equivalent on the new device and log in again.

Push notifications use unique numbers to each phone to reference the device. If you for example used a backup from a previous device and didn't retype in or relogin on the new device for some of these apps it's very likely it is trying to send push notifications to the old device, not the new one.

No these are new purchases/downloads onto the new device and nothing is being pushed on either of the twitter applications. That said, I will log out and then log back in just for the hell of it to see what happens LOL

longdogs

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Lichfield UK
Numba doesn't seem to work - goes back to home screen within a second or two.

Edit - deleted, re-booted and re-installed, working fine now

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
This thread makes no sense. Not being compatible with iOS 4 APIs <> not working.

I don't understand your reasoning. If you open app X on iOS 4 and it crashes, this means it's really working and we just don't know it? Sorry, but in most of our books, not compatible means not working. OP was pretty specific and transparent in his meaning.

philMBP

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2007
I don't understand your reasoning. If you open app X on iOS 4 and it crashes, this means it's really working and we just don't know it? Sorry, but in most of our books, not compatible means not working. OP was pretty specific and transparent in his meaning.

Ok, I'll baby step you through it...

ProCamera - a paid for app that now doesn't recognize the flash or compass
The app works doesn't it? It will require an update for the Flash API, but it works.
Photoforge - a paid for app that crashes when opening a 5mp file
...when opening a 5mp file. Looks to me like it still works doesn't it?
Beejive - a paid for app that doesn't use iOS 4 features
I'll repeat: Not being compatible with iOS 4 APIs <> not working

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Yea I think the OP doesn't quite get that many apps will continue to function just fine on 4.0 from 3.1. They might not support any of the new features in 4.0 but they will continue to function. Beejive is certainly one of those still functioning apps.

So sad that you had to even reply.. I would've left him hanging. Clearly some people are unable to read...

OH, really? It crashes intermittently and it hangs when I try to log into my Facebook chat.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008

The app works doesn't it? It will require an update for the Flash API, but it works.

Since you want to be a jackazz:

1) No the camera app DOES NOT work. It app is suppose to geo tag my location. It does not work. It does not geotag. This is part of the package I paid for. It was working berfore in 3.1.x, now it is not.

2) Photoforge - Since all the photos that come out of my camera are 5MP and I can't open it, it does not work. Even in the settings, it is set to the largest possible resolution. There's nothing that stating that it won't work on my iPhone 4 because of pixel sizes. Again, it does not work.

3) Does not work, even though it's suppose to be OS 4 compatible. It crashes, it hangs. And I assume it's because it doesn't use the OS 4 features. It worked in 3.1.x, now it does not.

I can't be any clearer.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007

I'll baby step you through it. OP asks "list of your apps that are not working on iOS 4"

OK now, let's see

Stanza app before iOS 4 --> worked perfectly

Stanza app after iOS 4 --> whole app crashes upon opening a book.

Stanza app after today's update --> app fully works now.

Other apps that CRASH (not "do not take advantage of iOS 4 APIs") upon use with iOS 4 listed in this thread: Photoforge, Weatherbug Elite, Numba, Sony Pictures, SimplyTweet, FaceCall+.

Are you really this dense in real life?

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Ok Beejive seems to work ok after rebooting my device. No more crashing or hanging.

cparktd

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2009
Middle TN
photo Safe Pro 2010

crashes upon attempting to open a folder with a large number (450) of photos.
works ok with smaller folders
worked fine on 3G until upgraded to ios4
exact same issue on iphone 4 (except faster!)

iTot Cards. Crash upon taping a catagory to view.

I have deleted and redownloaded both, no help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.