Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leolizm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
What are the software that a person should not miss while upgrading to leopard

Ibook G4

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
depending if you got a ibook that came with ilife 05 then you should upgrade ilife as not everything of the ilife 05 will work after upgrading to leopard , and you may find that some other softare does also stop working or at least needs updating to work

sorry cant be more precise as i dont have every software in my head that needs updating or upgrading, but be prepared that for some software you ned to look for the version that works under leopard

drewdle

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2010
Nanaimo, BC
If you use any of Unsanity's haxies make absolutely sure you uninstall the APE manager before upgrading the Tiger install. This caused huge issues for people when Leopard came out. Also, take note that ShapeShifter doesn't work in Leopard.

What MacHamster said about the iLife thing.

Basically, just go through your Apps folder and anything you're unsure about throw into a Google search and you'll have your answer, as there's no way for us to give you a full-scale "Yes" or "No", especially when the contents of your Apps folder is a mystery to us. Generally speaking I've never had an issue when going from one system to the next, but everyone's mileage varies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.