Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
I am just curious how far we need to date back to find the week in which Apple started manufacturing iPhone 4...

The 4th and 5th digits of your serial number tell you the week number. For instance, mine says 22 (22nd week) - which translates to the week of May 23 - 29.

What's yours?

It may also be helpful if you could indicate whether or not you have (1) yellow screen issues and/or (2) reception issues. For mine:

Yellow screen: NO
Bad reception: NO

agoat

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
ditto op, 22

Reception issue: Yes

Screen yellow: No

Nice bluish clear screen compare to my friend yellowish 3gs.

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
Cool... :)

I wonder if the first week of the year is the one that starts on December 27 (Sun) and ends on January 2 (Sat), or the following week. Not a big deal, I guess. :)

Coasterboi

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2009
Maybe along with your week number, you can also post whether or not you're having the reception issues. If it's indeed a 'bad batch' of phones, maybe we can pin-point the manufacturing date of the bad phones?

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
Wow, week 25 is like LAST WEEK (June 13 - 19). Some of you guys have iPhones that are right off the assembly line. Nice!

mizzoucat

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2005
25th week for me. I have reception issues and the yellow band across the lower part of the screen. Since it was just manufactured last week, perhaps the glue theory is true.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.