Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2008
For some reason when I synced up to my new iPhone 4, it didn't copy my apps. It did, however, copy all the settings for my apps, so once I re-downloaded the app from the app store, the account info and all settings were already there.

Unfortunately, there is an app no longer available called Simplify Media. I still have it on my old iPhone 3GS, but was wondering if there is ANY way to get it back?? Please help!!

fizzwinkus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2008
For some reason when I synced up to my new iPhone 4, it didn't copy my apps. It did, however, copy all the settings for my apps, so once I re-downloaded the app from the app store, the account info and all settings were already there.

Unfortunately, there is an app no longer available called Simplify Media. I still have it on my old iPhone 3GS, but was wondering if there is ANY way to get it back?? Please help!!

sync the 3gs and transfer purchases back to itunes?

elfxmilhouse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Northeast USA

Connect your 3GS.
Right click on the phone in iTunes, select transfer purchases.

However I know that simplify media is going to be shutdown soon so even if you have the app their servers will be closed down in the next months.

Subsonic.org is a good alternative. Some say it is better.

StevenT42

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2010
Sync the 3GS with iTunes. It will notice that you have an app on your phone that is not in your iTunes library, and ask you if you want to transfer it. Say yes.

- Steve

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2008
I think I read that Simplify doesn't work with iTunes 9.2 at all. You're going to have to find an alternative.

LOL. I didn't update my itunes at home to 9.2, nor on my macbook pro. So the only 9.2 I have is at work. :)

Reser

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
LOL. I didn't update my itunes at home to 9.2, nor on my macbook pro. So the only 9.2 I have is at work. :)

Then how on earth are you going to sync your Iphone 4? you 'require' 9.2 to sync a phone with ios4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.