Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2008 2.4 GHz Macbook off of craigslist for 500 today. I want to get a case for it by Speck or Incase and was wondering which would fit it? I want to get the satin red see thru case if possible. Can anyone help me find one?

Thanks!

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
misread the article I linked to, the case is sold out at Incase

anyway

Even though some might get annoyed of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
To edit your thread title, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at http://mroogle.*************/MRoogleSmall.gif, since that question may have been asked several times?

Example: looking for red-satin hard case shell for my 2008 white MacBook

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
misread the article I linked to, the case is sold out at Incase

anyway

Even though some might get annoyed of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
To edit your thread title, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at http://mroogle.*************/MRoogleSmall.gif, since that question may have been asked several times?

Example: looking for red-satin hard case shell for my 2008 white MacBook

hmm so I guess a call to incase or speck will work?

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
also is it right that this 2008 model is 2.4 GHz?? Cuz on the apple site the newest 2010 model is 2.4 Ghz, does that mean Apple didn't bump their processors for TWO YEARS??

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
apple just bumped the processor speed like a month ago from 2.26 to 2.4

anyway, just look around online for a case man.
you'll probably find them to be cheaper anyway.

incase and speck don't keep production up for old products,
such as the old aluminum macbook. they don't make cases for those anymore.

e-bay and craigslist are a good way to go.
e-bay is probably more likely, but if some random guy for some reason happens to have one on craigslist in your area, probably could get a killer deal.

but e-bay is probably a good way to go.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
oh, wait. is this the aluminum macbook?
is that the one you have?

any case for the unibody macbook pro 13" will fit it then.
doesn't matter what model either, just any unibody macbook pro 13".

but anyway, i'm guessing this is what you're looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Speck-Satin-Red...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ada2007b2

5 dollars cheaper than speck's original price, and free shipping.
go, go, go.

It's the non-Unibody white MacBook from early 2008 as the title suggests.
Looking for Speck See Thru Case for 2008 non-unibody Macbook​

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Those are newer CPUs, more power efficient and a bit faster than your model (I have the same).

so when the previous owner bought the macbook they got the processor bumped to 2.4 from 2.whichever??

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
so when the previous owner bought the macbook they got the processor bumped to 2.4 from 2.whichever??

I don't really understand.

In early 2008 (April?) the white MacBook got updated and had two models, one with 2.1 GHz, 120GB HDD and without SuperDrive, and one model with 2.4GHz, with SuperDrive and 160GB (148GiB) HDD.

For more detailed information about all the MacBook models since 2006: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook/index-macbook.html

As clock speed isn't everything, a CPU with lower GHz doesn't mean it's slower. There is the FSB to take into account and the efficiency of the chip's programming and some other aspects I can't recall right now (I'm awake for 21 hours).

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
I don't really understand.

In early 2008 (April?) the white MacBook got updated and had two models, one with 2.0 GHz, 120GB HDD and without SuperDrive, and one model with 2.4GHz, with SuperDrive and 160GB (148GiB) HDD.

For more detailed information about all the MacBook models since 2006: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook/index-macbook.html

As clock speed isn't everything, a CPU with lower GHz doesn't mean it's slower. There is the FSB to take into account and the efficiency of the chip's programming.

ah great thank you! and would you happen to know what the title of the 2008 Macbook is? is it polycarbonate something?

trayanscragg

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
i had trouble finding one as well but was lucky and found it on a website. ps its the see thru in red , they dont make the satin version for this macbook. cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.