Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luminyx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
This (iPhone 4) is my first ever smartphone so I'm new to this. My music is on 3-4 computers. I'm trying to add music from computer #2 and I want to do the manual sync up. If I apply it though, it says it will erase all my music on my iPhone since it can only sync up to one iTunes at a time, which just defeats me trying to get all my music. Perhaps I'm missing something basic, but I don't know what it is. I also wanted to sync up ringtones and it says the same thing. Why does it seem so complicated :mad:

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
I don't believe this is an option. You can transfer content purchased on an iPhone to different computers, but I believe you can only sync with one library at a time.

Yeah it sucks.

Luminyx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Also, I have a 2nd generation iPod touch and I don't think I encountered this problem before. Usually when I click on manually moving the songs, it would allow me to.

I think it'd be pretty ridiculous if it won't allow me to sync up all my songs from multiple computers. I don't want to go through the obnoxious route of putting them all onto my hard drive and transferring it to this machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.