Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jun 26, 2010, 09:43 PM   #1
Hammie
macrumors 65816

Camera Connection Kit -- Picture Metadata Question

I'm not surer if it is a limitation of the import function of the iPad or the flickr/photo bucket app, but I recently noticed that when I upload pictures from my iPad, most, if not all metadata is either lost or overwritten. For example, if I upload a picture from my Panasonic P&S, it registers as an iPhone on flickr. Photobucket doesn't register any camera type that I can see.

Has anyone else experienced this? It is quite frustrating if I would wNt to upload it to a specific camera group and the metadata is showing a different camera and it will get removed from group.

I haven't tried my DSLR yet, but I would guess I would get the same exults.

Any thoughts?

BTW, I wasn't sure if this should be in the accessory, app, or general iPad thread. Please move if needed. Thanks!
Hammie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Hammie
macrumors 65816

has no one had this issue? Or has no one cared?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Scuby
macrumors regular

I'd love to be able to tell you, but there seems to be a much bigger shortage of Camera Connection Kits than iPads (

That said, I was reading something recently (an open letter from a developer of some photo software about why they won't be making an iPad version) and that talked about the lack of meta data as one of the limitations. Afraid I can't remember the details.

David
Scuby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:10 AM   #4
orgazmo
macrumors newbie

I am still waiting for my kit, I think Apple might have stopped making them or something. Anyway, my friend has one and his meta-data is still intact after backing up to the ipad.

Kevin
orgazmo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:29 AM   #5
Hammie
macrumors 65816

I think I narrowed it down to the flickr app I was using. I moved to FlickrStackr and all seems to be fine. Very weird.

I have not tried to import to my ipad and then export to my laptop. I usually import to my ipad to do a quick review, quick e-mail, or quick upload to flickr. Any heavy duty processing is done on my laptop and I usually import directly from the camera or card.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories