Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gotta Hankerin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
I just received a used Apple Bluetooth keyboard I bought through eBay. I paired it with my iPad, no problem.

Problem: The previous owner of the keyboard gave it a really dumb name and I'd like to change it but I can't figure out how to do it on the iPad. I've removed the batteries, didn't work. I paired the keyboard with my Macbook, renamed it, then paired it with the iPad but the keyboard still had the old name even though it showed the new name when paired with the Macbook. Any ideas?

cablecritter

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
Rename your Apple Wireless BT Keyboard A1314

Go to system preferences, Bluetooth, then at the bottom click on the little gear icon next to the plus and minus. You'll see a drop down appear, select Rename and your done. Hope this helps. I'm having a problem with my keyboards typing very erratically, also A1314, both new.Also tried the cheap Chinese ones too, same result. KB will type a letter many times, still be typing after I am finished, or just lose connection or forget what I'm typing after I finished and am waiting on it to complete. I would chalk it up to a bad KB, but I've had 3 of the VK Bluetooth KB (Chinese), that's why I bought an A1314, actually 2, but they all do the same, but periodically. There's times like now that it types fine. I have a Microsoft Entertainment Keyboard/mouse 8000 that never gives me problems, however, it has a USB dongle, so is not using the internal Bluetooth. I am running an old 2006 Mac Pro quad core Xeon on 16 gb of ram with OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I keep checking for software updates periodically, but none are available. On my 2009 Macbook Pro running 10.7.4 (Lion), all KB work perfectly like this one now is, but at the start of this post, this A1314 was giving me problems. Does anyone have any ideas as to why sometimes very erratic and sometimes not? Thanks and hope the info I provided helps someone. Bob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.