Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:37 AM   #1
IAmJIve
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
iPhone 4 camera lens flare when using LED flash

I was playing around with the flash on the camera when it wsa dark out and noticed a problem. When the pictures takes the led appears to not only light up what im taking a picture of but also putting a glare on the photo too making it hazy. I think this is due to the camera and led sharing the same glass cover and some of the light from the led is diffusing over the camera.

At first I thought this was reflection from the Speck case I have on my phone. I took it off and I have the same results. Also, yes, the glass is clean so that's not it.

Has anyone else had this issue when using the flash with the camera?
IAmJIve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:43 AM   #2
darkenrahl
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Move your finger away from the flash or else it will reflect the light back into the lens at an odd angle making the photo wash out.
darkenrahl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:48 AM   #3
AlxRymnd914
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Orleans
Have you taken the protective plastic off that came on the back of the phone?

Other than that, I get no glare in my pictures.
__________________
15" MacBook Pro, iPad 2, iPhone 4
AlxRymnd914 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Benji222
macrumors 65816
 
Benji222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: So Cal
Send a message via AIM to Benji222 Send a message via Skype™ to Benji222
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxRymnd914 View Post
Have you taken the protective plastic off that came on the back of the phone?

Other than that, I get no glare in my pictures.
This, i peel mine back to take a picture until my ZAGG shield arrives
Benji222 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:21 PM   #5
Telecacher
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji222 View Post
This, i peel mine back to take a picture until my ZAGG shield arrives
I just cut that corner off.
Telecacher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:38 PM   #6
uoduckies
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmJIve View Post
I was playing around with the flash on the camera when it wsa dark out and noticed a problem. When the pictures takes the led appears to not only light up what im taking a picture of but also putting a glare on the photo too making it hazy. I think this is due to the camera and led sharing the same glass cover and some of the light from the led is diffusing over the camera.

At first I thought this was reflection from the Speck case I have on my phone. I took it off and I have the same results. Also, yes, the glass is clean so that's not it.

Has anyone else had this issue when using the flash with the camera?
I had the same problem. Than I noticed the flash was reflecting off the inside edge of the case I bought with the phone. Took the case off and problem solved. I'm returning the case and waiting till someone can get it right.
uoduckies is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone 4 camera lens scratched monderick iPhone Accessories 6 Apr 30, 2011 01:24 PM
Scracthes on the Iphone 4 camera lens Wingnut330 iPhone 1 Jul 31, 2010 01:45 PM
iPhone 4 camera lens has fallen out!! Pics... JasonHD iPhone 20 Jul 31, 2010 05:16 AM
iPhone 4 camera lens defects..... Tyro1 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 5 Jul 15, 2010 10:13 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC