Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:53 PM   #1
alecmcmahon
macrumors regular

DEAD iPHONE4- will not turn on.

Well this morning my iphone 4 crapped out, it was in my pocket, never dropped or anything. I just happened to take it out and it wasnt on.

Tryed holding the power button, nothing, power button/home button combo. nothing.

no response.

Anybody else have this issue?
alecmcmahon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:54 PM   #2
cloudberrybrew
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
Well this morning my iphone 4 crapped out, it was in my pocket, never dropped or anything. I just happened to take it out and it wasnt on.

Tryed holding the power button, nothing, power button/home button combo. nothing.

no response.

Anybody else have this issue?
You never said if you tried reseting it or plugging it in to a computer or outlet, imo you're not doing something right.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:54 PM   #3
stridemat

What happens when you plug it into iTunes?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:56 PM   #4
Kahnyl
macrumors 68000

Did you hold the buttons for 10 seconds? This happened to me this morning. It just became unresponsive and I had to reset.
Kahnyl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:56 PM   #5
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

Did you charge it??
Givmeabrek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 01:15 PM   #6
alecmcmahon
macrumors regular

yes, i left it on the charge for at least 4 hours before re trying, plugging it in via usb doesnt do anything either.
alecmcmahon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 01:24 PM   #7
blkguyblkgt
macrumors newbie

My phone did the same thing after walking in to AT&T on Saturday and grabbing one. I took it to Apple, the same day. They said the phone had went into DFU mode. The guy there plugged it into the computer and booted up Itunes. He then proceeded to hold the home and power button for a bit and the phone came back on. I'm guessing your phone is having the same problem. I think having the phone plugged into iTunes as you are holding both buttons is important as well because they did it without being synced to itunes and it wouldnt boot up.
blkguyblkgt is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 01:33 PM   #8
Ktheriotsmith
macrumors newbie

I thought that's what was wrong with mine too, but get someone to call you...my phone was on, but the screen was black. Once the screen came back up a cowpoke of hours later, it started doing all kinds of crazy things. Genius bar appt. later today to see what's up.
Ktheriotsmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 01:43 PM   #9
alecmcmahon
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkguyblkgt View Post
My phone did the same thing after walking in to AT&T on Saturday and grabbing one. I took it to Apple, the same day. They said the phone had went into DFU mode. The guy there plugged it into the computer and booted up Itunes. He then proceeded to hold the home and power button for a bit and the phone came back on. I'm guessing your phone is having the same problem. I think having the phone plugged into iTunes as you are holding both buttons is important as well because they did it without being synced to itunes and it wouldnt boot up.
This worked.

Plugged into itunes, and held the power and home button for a good 30 seconds and it restarted.

Any reason why this might of happened?
alecmcmahon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 01:45 PM   #10
Kahnyl
macrumors 68000

I doubt it was anything you did. Hopefully it was just an isolated glitch.
Kahnyl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:37 AM   #11
ohboimac
macrumors newbie

thnx

this helped, april2011, same thing happened to ifone4..just plain dead!! itunes+power+home solved it. it happened for the first time. is it a serious issue!?!
n joined this forum just to thank u guys! i thought will have to take it to store..but this did it...
ohboimac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:49 AM   #12
AndrewR23
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohboimac View Post
this helped, april2011, same thing happened to ifone4..just plain dead!! itunes+power+home solved it. it happened for the first time. is it a serious issue!?!
n joined this forum just to thank u guys! i thought will have to take it to store..but this did it...
If it keeps happening, it can be serious.
AndrewR23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:55 PM   #13
proslugger99
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Iphone Problem

Ok, so i take great care of my iphone 4. I recieved it as a present and swore to keep it in top condition and have scince may 1st my birthday. June 15th i was in the car and driving home when i reached to pick it up it was off and would not turn on. I got freaked out but kept it cool. went home plugged it in and nothing but i tried the 10 second home and lock button. Thankfully it turned back on and is ok. Any reason this happened? any solution or viable way to approach apple about this problem? this shouldnt happen like im no pain but come on iphones glitching?
proslugger99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:57 PM   #14
rick snagwell
macrumors 68040

you put it in dfu mode in your pocket?
rick snagwell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:20 AM   #15
Destiny83
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR23 View Post
If it keeps happening, it can be serious.
It happened Twice on my iPhone 4!
I'm now getting worried that next time it will go off and never turn on again????
First time It went off and stayed off for about 3 days without switching on or charging, this time it went off for 4 hours and it decided to come back to life!!!
I'm even thinking of returning it if possible!
Destiny83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone