Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jobsfnby

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Does anyone ever get the welcome to your new iPhone screen every time they plug their new iPhone 4 in? It's the screen with the steps listing:
1. Set Up Your iPhone
2. Register And Set Up Your iTunes Store Account

When i first plugged my new iPhone into itunes i restored from a backup of my old 3GS so I know I already have my information on the phone. When I click on continue it goes to a normal screen to sync my phone with all the options to select my music, apps, photos, etc.

Any information would be appreciated.

-alex

LeAnn

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
I get this too!
This is my first iphone, but I do have an itouch on the account.

It is kinda of annoying, so any help on making that first screen go away would be very helpful.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Well make me a third person w/ the same issue.

I had an iPhone 3G before this, and had it synced to a different computer. I moved the backup files from that (old crappy desktop PC) computer to my MacBook Pro and restored the iPhone 4 from the 3G's settings. Anyone have any ideas on this?

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Found a solution.. sorta. If you just click "Never Register" instead of continue it doesn't pop up anymore. Granted I now need to see if there's another way to register my device w/ Apple, but at least that damn screen stops popping up.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Sorry for the triple post, but I registered my iPhone on Apple's website instead, and registered my MBP I bought last month too (and got 6 free issues of MacWorld in the process :D)

bullwinkle000

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2014
I bit the bullet and tried selecting new iphone after restoring twice.

If you have already restored iphone and still get new iphone message in iTunes select the new phone option and it will sync with the phone and restore music apps etc. We did this and it worked and iTunes is back to normal.

Hope this helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.