Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
So far, I am LOVING this bumper. I have the black one, but I think the color spices things up a bit. I see myself keeping the Bumper on for a decent amount of time.

I'd do a review, but I'm sure tons of others will be doing reviews that would exceed mine, so I won't bother. :p

5f26qg.jpg

6s7x1h.jpg

29he9v.jpg

2qv7am9.jpg

6zsvf9.jpg

mbsaeger

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
That's awesome! I want the green in addition to my blue!! lol...

Now if only the bumper would fix the reception issue....

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia

Ouch. Sorry to hear about the reception issue. I don't seem to have that, but maybe I just don't notice it.

I'm thinking about getting more colors, too!

agoat

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
Green bumper loook great. Wish i could spend another 30 for green, using black currently, not bad but after seeing green ahhhh i need one

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Hmm.

I kind of wish the edge was a darker green.

All these colors look like something out of Japan or from the "Pokemon" collection.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

turbineseaplane said:
Hmm.

I kind of wish the edge was a darker green.

All these colors look like something out of Japan or from the "Pokemon" collection.

I'd like to see more of a seafoam green.

Tomple

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
New York, New York
If I had to get a case it would be a bumper

Personally, I prefer just sticking my phone in an Apple Sock when im finished :)

I recommend the Apple Sock strategy to anyone who doesn't like cases

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
Hmm, not really a huge fan of that color green. I wish it was either lime, or more seafoam-y like another user mentioned. I think a neon/lime would look sick on a black iPhone. Thanks for the pics though! Helped me decide on color.

ducktales

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2009
green and black are the best ones yet. i have a black one but i think i might just return it and get a green.

Goaliegeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
Colorado
Perfect! Been wanting a green bumper, but wanted real pictures. Green's my fav color, but this is almost.. too green.
What's up with the no service though? lol

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Ouch. Sorry to hear about the reception issue. I don't seem to have that, but maybe I just don't notice it.

I'm thinking about getting more colors, too!

You don't have a reception issue but the pictures of the phone shows "No Service" Maybe you don't have a carrier plan?

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
You don't have a reception issue but the pictures of the phone shows "No Service" Maybe you don't have a carrier plan?

LOL. No, no, no. When the previous user said something about, "if only the bumper could fix the reception issue," I thought he was talking about the issue most people had by holding it. As for the signal issue, I've always had that in my home/area. It has been like this since day one, even before I purchased my first iPhone on launch day of 2007. I've never had signal in most parts of my house. I get, like, one bar in one corner of my bedroom. I live way out in the boonies of West Virginia, Guys. :p Most people have asked me why I don't switch carriers. Two reasons: they don't have the iPhone, & I've already checked - no other cellular company would work, either, except for one local company.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
Can you tell me about the material the bumper is made of? I want to know if its smooth plastic that won't get stuck in your pocket or its that grippy stuff that only comes out of your pocked with the rest of your pocket still attached. TIA

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Can you tell me about the material the bumper is made of? I want to know if its smooth plastic that won't get stuck in your pocket or its that grippy stuff that only comes out of your pocked with the rest of your pocket still attached. TIA

It's both. The sides are smooth plastic, but the part of the bumper that contacts the front and back of the phone is the flexible, grippy stuff. So, yep, the rest of your pocket comes out with the iPhone. In the picture in this thread, the grippy stuff is the dull looking part of the bumper. This 'grippy issue' is making me think my gray iFrogz Luxe Lean case might be the better solution for me.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
It's both. The sides are smooth plastic, but the part of the bumper that contacts the front and back of the phone is the flexible, grippy stuff. So, yep, the rest of your pocket comes out with the iPhone. In the picture in this thread, the grippy stuff is the dull looking part of the bumper. This 'grippy issue' is making me think my gray iFrogz Luxe Lean case might be the better solution for me.

Thank you very much. I was worried it was this material. That will probably push me to go case-less or wait until I find something better.

macsarethebest

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2009

I thought a case did fix the issue? thats what i heard- something about the metal on ur skin affects what signal the phone thinks ur getting... I wouldn't know though, no iPhone 4 for me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.