Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:20 PM   #1
Brewerpaul
macrumors regular

Podcasts playing back too fast!

I just listened to two NPR podcasts that I downloaded yesterday (Wait,Wait,Don't Tell Me, and Car Talk) and BOTH of them sounded like they were playing back at higher than normal speed. Pitch of the theme music was high, and the voices had a slight "chipmunk" quality.
These were the first two podcast downloads I made following the new OS "upgrade"--note the quotations...
Anyone else finding this?

(BTW-- these are both VERY funny shows, in case you're not familiar with them.)
Brewerpaul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:28 PM   #2
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
Tap on your screen while they are playing, and you should get the scrubber bar, along with option icons, including 30 second rewind, and multiplier. It can be set to 1X, 1 1/2X and 2X. Tap on it to toggle between speeds. It can easily be turned on accidentally.

TEG
Old Jun 28, 2010, 09:12 PM   #3
Scathach
macrumors newbie

I have been having the same problem since updating to the new os, only it is when I am watching video. My video sound keeps on switching from fast to slow. I really hope there is an update, I am really regretting downloading the new os
Scathach is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 04:42 PM   #4
Brewerpaul
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEG View Post
Tap on your screen while they are playing, and you should get the scrubber bar, along with option icons, including 30 second rewind, and multiplier. It can be set to 1X, 1 1/2X and 2X. Tap on it to toggle between speeds. It can easily be turned on accidentally.

TEG
Hey, now that I know about it, that's a cool feature. Thanks.
Brewerpaul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:39 AM   #5
pgeres
macrumors newbie

ipod playing too fast in car through usb port

I just got a new Buick Verano and am having trouble playing audiobooks on my Ipod through the car's usb port. It plays the book so fast it sounds like chipmunks talking. I found out by playing around that if I go back to the Ipod menu and play ANY song and then go back to my book it plays in normal speed. This is so frustrating, though! To have to start the book, stop it, go back into the menu to play a few seconds of a song and then go back to the book..... has anyone else had this problem?
pgeres is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch