Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mezzo43

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2010
I have an iPhone 4. While talking on the iPhone today, I could barely hear the other person even though the volume was on the highest level and the phone was next to my cheek. The other person could hear me fine but I could barely hear him. When I changed over to speakerphone, then the call volume was fine and when I also switched to bluetooth headset, the call volume was fine as well.

I have an appointment with the Genius bar later this week. Can anyone please suggest a solution or has this problem happened to you while using the new iPhone 4?

I will try to do a restore but I'm not sure what else I can do to fix this problem.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

TheNumberSyxx

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
NYC
A friend of mine had the same problem. Did you remove the screen film from the ear part of the phone? If not its blocking the sound. :D

Mezzo43

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2010
A friend of mine had the same problem. Did you remove the screen film from the ear part of the phone? If not its blocking the sound. :D

Wow!!! I think you're right!!! I do have the original screen film on the iPhone 4. I guess I had probably been using the speakerphone or my bluetooth headset when making/receiving calls and never really had the iPhone up against my ear.

I had finished restoring the phone but I did a test call with my spouse and was having the same problem and then when I removed the screen film, I could finally hear the other person!!! Duh!!! I didn't think the screen film was blocking anything but I guess it was......

Thx!!!:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.