Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
I got a macbook pro base model last year (2009 model) and my girlfriend just got a macbook base model last weekend (2010 model)

Seems as though her macbook has better specs than mine... I'm also considering upgrading to Snow Leopard but don't really see the point.

That inertia scroll thing hers does is pretty cool... other than that everything is pretty much the same to the naked eye after a few hours of use.

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement
If you can't find one, I suppose you could just print off the spec sheets for the two different models and compare?

Though I would hasten to add that specs mean very little, because even if something is 4 billion GHZ, but it practically runs slowly, what is the point? This is of course a hypthetical hyperbole to illustrate the point. What I'm trying to say is that just because the 2010 MBP have better specs, doesn't mean it's neccessarily 'better'.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
What I'm trying to say is that just because the 2010 MBP have better specs, doesn't mean it's neccessarily 'better'.

From the department of redundancy, this is absolutely correct. When any computer manufacturer releases a new model you can count on the new model having better specifications than the model(s) it replaces. The only point I'm going to make here is WHO CARES? Unless your workflow would signifigantly improve with the new specifications forget about it. Wondering, worrying & postulating about new computer specs is total waste of time. It really that simple. If your current machine is doing what you bought it for and doing it well I'll say it again, WHO CARES?

Wehrwolf

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2009
You don't say what size machines you're referring to. If you're talking about the base 13" models, then there isn't very much difference between the 2009 and 2010 models. But if you're talking about the 15" models, then yes, there is a significant difference between 2009 and 2010.

TheHoff

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
The only thing I miss from the newest models compared to my 2008 Unibody is the battery life. I put an SSD in mine and have no jealousy over any performance increases. I'll wait for a pretty major refresh before getting rid of this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.