Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Jun 29, 2010, 03:55 AM   #1
naserke
macrumors newbie

ACL missing, permissions differ, error 10810

I am having a problem with Macbook when connected to external hard drive. Finder stops responding and I have to force quit. message it gives is error 10810. I could not move files to and from external hard drive. This is a big problem as my internal hard drive is full.

I have bought a new hard drive and created an image of my internal hard drive on new one, so I can install a new one. I used restore function in disk utility to create an image. I tried "verify permissions" on new new hard drive (I haven't installed it yet), and it is giving me hundreds of lines of error. Mostly they starts with " ACL missing on "system/......" There are also few messages like "permissions differ from ......".

One message is "Warning: SUID file System/library/coreservices/remotemanagement/ARDAgent.app/contents/MacOS/ARDAgents has been modified and will not be repaired".

I have tried "permissions repair" and looks like it repaired all the "ACL missing on.." and some "Permissions differ from....". But "Warning:SUID file....." error was't fixed.

I reran "verify permissions" now and and it still shows two "permissions differ from....." errors and one "warning:SUID...." error.

permissions error is "permissions differ on system/library/frameworks/javaVM.frameworks/versions/1.6.0/resources/javaplugincocoa.bundle/content/resurces/javadeploy.jar" should be -rw-r--r--, they are lrw-r--r--.

second persmissions error is similar with ending like "..........java/librarydeploy.jnilib", should be -rwxr-xr-x, they are lrwxr-xr-x.

what these errors mean and any suggestions to correct them?
naserke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 09:23 AM   #2
calderone
macrumors 68040

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1448
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:30 AM   #3
naserke
macrumors newbie

Thanks Calderone... Could suggest something on error 10810
Old Jun 29, 2010, 06:36 PM   #4
calderone
macrumors 68040

That is a common issue which typically involves connecting to SMB shares. Are you connecting to any SMB shares?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:47 PM   #5
naserke
macrumors newbie

I have seagate external drive connected with firewire. I don't know what SMB is. I am just hooking it directly. It used to work but not from last few weeks.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 02:34 AM   #6
OJAck
macrumors newbie

What was the fix? Can I back up this disc as a disc image without destroying -- erasing -- other content on that backup disc? Can I just store the disc image in a folder on a 6 TB RAID and leave the surrounding data on the drive safe?

Thanks for your much needed help. I'm about to panic.
OJAck is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X