Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Metalmorphed

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Hi

I've been looking around for an app that makes all windows in Mac Os X snap to the edge of others (and to the edge of the screen).
I found some other threads with this question, but they all end up with a tiling app, which is not what I'm looking for ^^

Alternatively, where can I find information about coding it myself (I have a lot of coding lessons at school, though they are for games). Information about window management in mac and stuff. Could be fun to look into that myself if there aren't any apps out there :p

Thanks !
-Pablo

Metalmorphed

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Useful but not what I'm looking for.
This again is more a tiling app (thought it's not really tiling :p)

I'm looking for something that, when moving a window, the edge of that window snaps to the edge of the other window(s).
Now I have to do it by hand :p And that can take some time sometimes :p

Thanks !

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Useful but not what I'm looking for.
This again is more a tiling app (thought it's not really tiling :p)

I'm looking for something that, when moving a window, the edge of that window snaps to the edge of the other window(s).
Now I have to do it by hand :p And that can take some time sometimes :p

Thanks !

Ah, now I understand. Final Cut Studio applications and FCE do that. But I don't know where to find information about this.

Found something: http://coderage-software.com/zooom/
via Snap/Align windows on OS X?
via MRoogle

Metalmorphed

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Have you seen Cinch or SizeUp?

http://irradiatedsoftware.com/

Yes, but those don't make the windows snap to other windows.
With "snapt" I don't mean that you can easily arrange your windows like the new Windows7 aero snap thingy does (so neither Cinch nor SizeUp are usefull).

I want that when you are moving a window, and it's edge comes close to an other window's edge the window you are moving will stick to the other window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.