Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rRKumsher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Has anyone figured out how to step through a video you recorded with your iPhone4 frame by frame?

I recorded my golf swing and would like to view it frame by frame on the phone itself. I can do this if I export it to my computer first and view it in QuickTime or WMP, but not on the iPhone itself.

Thanks,

boxster99t

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I've got iMovie for iPhone--what you want to do cannot be done on the iPhone even with iMovie. Unless/until someone creates new software, forget it.

BTW, iMovie for iPhone is nice for what it's meant for--let's you cut down video (you pinch/stretch the clip, then play the snipet in real time), add transitions, intersperse pics and put titles/music.

What you're wanting to do is going to tax battery life and processor cycles--that's why I don't see it ever existing as an on phone functionality.

rRKumsher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I've got iMovie for iPhone--what you want to do cannot be done on the iPhone even with iMovie. Unless/until someone creates new software, forget it.

BTW, iMovie for iPhone is nice for what it's meant for--let's you cut down video (you pinch/stretch the clip, then play the snipet in real time), add transitions, intersperse pics and put titles/music.

What you're wanting to do is going to tax battery life and processor cycles--that's why I don't see it ever existing as an on phone functionality.

Thanks a lot for the thorough reply. That was going to be my next question - Whether or not iMovie had this feature. I guess for now I will just have to upload my videos to my PC before doing this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.