|Jun 29, 2010, 02:07 PM||#1|
How to organize all of my media on my Macbook Pro
I have a 15" late 2008 MBP. The primary usages for my computer are: internet, and watching recorded TV shows from my laptop to my TV (I have my MBP hooked up into my TV).
Given that I want to store all of my DVD's on my computer, and I also download and watch TV shows (in .mkv format) on my computer, I'm looking for some advice on how to best use my MBP to organize, and watch tv shows.
My questions are to people who have similar usages/setups on their MBP:
1. Did you upgrade the HD for storage? If so, what size do you have?
2. What program do you use to manage your media? Since the files are in .mkv format, I can't use iTunes (which I use for music and audiobooks).
3. Is their a better HD format than .mkv to watch these in? Would I be better off converting into iTunes compatible format?
Thanks everyone for the help!
|Jul 2, 2010, 07:34 PM||#3|
1) Look for external storage, lots of it, 1TB+, plus another similarly sized for back-up
2) Plex is nice
3) Plex with play your MKV's, but I like my AppleTV and encode all my files in .m4v files with Handbrake
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|BAIDU media player in MacBook Pro||Levitator||Mac Basics and Help||1||Jan 20, 2014 03:11 AM|
|Question on the best way to organize media in FCPX 10.1||kepardue||Digital Video||10||Jan 2, 2014 10:19 AM|
|Transfer Media from iPad to New MacBook Pro||randomguyishere||Mac Basics and Help||1||Sep 16, 2012 03:30 PM|
|Transfer Media from iPad to New MacBook Pro||randomguyishere||iPad||0||Sep 11, 2012 11:09 PM|
|Please help me organize the media in my Apple Ecosystem!!!!||DrMotownMac||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||15||Jun 18, 2012 03:34 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.