|Jun 29, 2010, 01:07 PM||#1|
How to organize all of my media on my Macbook Pro
I have a 15" late 2008 MBP. The primary usages for my computer are: internet, and watching recorded TV shows from my laptop to my TV (I have my MBP hooked up into my TV).
Given that I want to store all of my DVD's on my computer, and I also download and watch TV shows (in .mkv format) on my computer, I'm looking for some advice on how to best use my MBP to organize, and watch tv shows.
My questions are to people who have similar usages/setups on their MBP:
1. Did you upgrade the HD for storage? If so, what size do you have?
2. What program do you use to manage your media? Since the files are in .mkv format, I can't use iTunes (which I use for music and audiobooks).
3. Is their a better HD format than .mkv to watch these in? Would I be better off converting into iTunes compatible format?
Thanks everyone for the help!
|Jul 2, 2010, 06:34 PM||#3|
1) Look for external storage, lots of it, 1TB+, plus another similarly sized for back-up
2) Plex is nice
3) Plex with play your MKV's, but I like my AppleTV and encode all my files in .m4v files with Handbrake
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My MacBook pro early 2008 will not boot. Someone please help.||macthak||MacBook Pro||6||Dec 15, 2011 02:21 AM|
|How to test this old school mic on my MacBook Pro?||mrsir2009||MacBook Pro||4||Aug 20, 2011 07:37 AM|
|How to listen to Windows Media Player on my MacBook Pro||Mrs HBF||MacBook Pro||12||Nov 8, 2010 09:47 AM|
|How to organize all of my media on my Macbook Pro||realhiphop||MacBook Pro||2||Jun 23, 2010 05:17 AM|
|Prep work before getting my new iphone: How to get all of my contacts into my iphone||Barbs||iPhone||9||Dec 11, 2008 05:24 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.