Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bangekobange

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Jailbroked IPhone 3g , using redsnow to ios4, the jailbreak worked fine. It was working fine till yesterday, then the battery started draining, so I plugged it to the wall charger, the battery icon showed its plugged in but wont go above 4%, then I used laptops USB, same problem, finally it dropped down to 1 % and next thing the wait circle was there, and then the green screen.

I did hard reset, pressed(wake/sleep + home) i can see the backscreen light up, but no apple logo, and then again, the light goes away, I tried to put it in a restore mode,
1. pressed home
2. connected usb to PC

Then again the green screen.
Itunes doesnt even detects the iphone, should i use redsnow again?

iphone user200

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Jailbroked IPhone 3g , using redsnow to ios4, the jailbreak worked fine. It was working fine till yesterday, then the battery started draining, so I plugged it to the wall charger, the battery icon showed its plugged in but wont go above 4%, then I used laptops USB, same problem, finally it dropped down to 1 % and next thing the wait circle was there, and then the green screen.

I did hard reset, pressed(wake/sleep + home) i can see the backscreen light up, but no apple logo, and then again, the light goes away, I tried to put it in a restore mode,
1. pressed home
2. connected usb to PC

Then again the green screen.
Itunes doesnt even detects the iphone, should i use redsnow again?

Mines was the same way when i tried to charge it in the wall i got out of it by connecting to computer then pressing the home/power button at the same time till it turns off to a black screen then let go and wait a minute then turn it back it it should be back to normal.
Looks like we have to charge it only on the computer :(

Arslan007

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
Same Problem Here. Please Help

I Have Iphone 3G With IOS4 Jail breaked With Redsnow. My Full Battery Is Drained. When I Connect My Iphone With Wall Charger And Pc It Shows Only Green Screen. So If You Have Any Solution. Please Help me Out To Fix That Problem

iphone user200

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Iphone stuck on green screen

Did any of you guys ever download winterboard on your iphone?
I think that may be the problem.

iphone user200

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Ok i found out the problem!

Do Not Download Winterboard On Your Iphone 3g 4.0 AFTER JAILBREAKING STAY AWAY FROM IT!
I Think Winterboard Messes Up Your Iphone 3g AND CAUSE PROBLEMS!!!

THIS MAY ALSO CAUSE THE WALL CHARGING PROBLEM!

chan72

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
Green Screen

I've been having the same problem lately. I have a 3G iphone that is jailbroken/unlocked. Both times that it's turned green it was plugged into a wall charger. I don't know why this is a problem but it is. Both times the battery was below 5% when I started charging it.

To get it to go away I plugged it into my computer to charge and held down the lock button and the home button at the same time until the apple logo appears. (can take a bit for it to appear) then just let go and let it do it's thing.

isanchodayus3G

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2010
Birmingham
it happened to me

All you need to do is to plug it into your computer and then the green screen will apear and wait about 5 mins and then unplug it again and it will then turn off and then turn it back on and you will get the apple logo.

I dont know of this will work for you but it sure worked for me.:)

BrainlessRace

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
Fixed it.

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents. I just had the green screen problem and went ahead and left it plugged in to the wall outlet for like 10 minutes and it eventually started its verbose boot that it normally does after resetting. Green screen must just be something it does when it's fully died; maybe a bug when it's meaning to display the battery dead screen. *shrug* try just leaving it alone for a while plugged in like I did and see if it works.

mxyz

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
All you need to do is to plug it into your computer and then the green screen will apear and wait about 5 mins and then unplug it again and it will then turn off and then turn it back on and you will get the apple logo.

I dont know of this will work for you but it sure worked for me.:)

Worked for me on my 3g running 4.0.2 jailbroken with redsn0w. I think we can't use a wall charger if a jailbroken 4.0+ iphone battery is nearly dead. I'm posting to help this stay up near the top on google. Here are some more good words: iphone 4.0 4.0.2 green screen sick green iphone green screen of death wall charger green screen jailbroken

rach366

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
Same

Same thing happened to me and it seems as though we can only recharge from a computer!

zoff

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2010
Same thing happened to me and it seems as though we can only recharge from a computer!

Just the opposite is true for me. When the bat. level gets to about 10% I have to charge with the AC adapter. iPhone 3G 16 GB iOS4 (jailbroken)

EndangeredApple

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2011
Give it time

I pulled my iPhone 3G out of my pocket to find it would not turn on. I tried resetting and all that but nothing worked. Plugged it into my computer and all I got was the green screen. I searched for the problem and a solution, leaving it plugged in. It must have solved itself because after a little while it started with the Apple logo, gave me the low battery sign, and was recognized by my computer. Now working fine. For some reason it says the battery was completely dead even though I charged it a couple hours earlier.

ammar55

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
green screen

I pulled my iPhone 3G out of my pocket to find it would not turn on. I tried resetting and all that but nothing worked. Plugged it into my computer and all I got was the green screen. I searched for the problem and a solution, leaving it plugged in. It must have solved itself because after a little while it started with the Apple logo, gave me the low battery sign, and was recognized by my computer. Now working fine. For some reason it says the battery was completely dead even though I charged it a couple hours earlier.

same thing happend to me that green screen , i m trying ur solution but it is not working !!
it does not start again even i charged it through computer for haf n hours.

ammar55

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
I've been having the same problem lately. I have a 3G iphone that is jailbroken/unlocked. Both times that it's turned green it was plugged into a wall charger. I don't know why this is a problem but it is. Both times the battery was below 5% when I started charging it.

To get it to go away I plugged it into my computer to charge and held down the lock button and the home button at the same time until the apple logo appears. (can take a bit for it to appear) then just let go and let it do it's thing.

how long did it take?
i have done the same and it has been like 10 mins but still green lite is flashing in my heart!

----------

how long did it take?
i have done the same and it has been like 10 mins but still green lite is flashing in my heart!

Im my case apple logo does not appeal ,
when i hold the resting buttom for 5 sec , the green light appears again

t-munny

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2010
good advice

Thanks for the useful solution for an unintuitive situation. Still applies to a 3GS running iOS 5.

gobol

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011
"This problem means that you need to replace your iPhone battery" .. that's what they said to me at apple when I told them that my iPhone turns off and won't turn on again unless i plugged it to a computer.

This problem didn't happen to my iPhone when it was on iOS 4.x.x

This problem has nothing to do with Winterboard or your iOS version.

I didn't change my iPhone battery yet to see if they were right about that.

I hope this info helps.

iPhone 3GS / Old Bootrom / Jailbroken by redsn0w on iOS 5.0.1

Freezorro

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2012
did anybody fixed the green screen problem?
My jailbroken iPhone 3GS just died.

It was running on 5.0.1, then (how stupid I was) I updated to 5.1 and the problem started.

Thanks for help

deathre456

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
My Solution

When i plugged it to the wall, it had the green screen, but it didn't have the green screen when it had battery. So I just left it in the wall for a while without checking it and it came back to the back screen.

kobi07

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2012
Thank you to everyone for sharing, was really panicing before I found this thread :confused:.

Charged the battery up to 10% and it came back, lesson learnt.

Bill383

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2014
Fix

There is a temporary fix, at least for me it worked. Just put the iphone in and out of dfu mode a few times and it may work. There is a possibility that it will not work. On me it did, on you it might not. It is temporary because if the iphone runs out of battery or you turn it off it gets the green screen of death again. You might need to restore it with itunes when you are done backing up your contacts, photos, videos, etc.

P.S On me battery is working fine so it might not need a replacement

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.