Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jun 30, 2010, 02:05 AM   #1
katewes
macrumors 6502

Is 64GB iPad faster than 32/16GB models?

I wonder if the 64GB iPad is faster than the 16/32GB models because of the extra memory.

In deciding between the 16/32/64 models, I can't see the iPad being my iPod replacement, since it's dorky to walk around with a 10" screen listening to music. Rather, I need to iPad for email and web browsing, hence, I can't see the need for extra memory -- UNLESS the extra memory makes the iPad go faster when web browsing.

Any comments?
katewes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 02:07 AM   #2
thedarkhorse
macrumors 6502a

It's 32gb faster.

Kidding, storage space doesn't affect the speed of the device. All current models have the same speed.
thedarkhorse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:37 AM   #3
pelicanflip
macrumors 6502a

it's extra storage space, not extra RAM or processor speed.

that's why i didn't get the 64 GB iPad.

I've managed just fine with 8 GB of space on my iPhone, so i figured 64 GB was way too far of a stretch, and 16 GB was too little for the number of apps, movies, music, and ebooks I wanted to put onto the iPad.

so a 32 GB iPad was nicely sufficient. I've only filled up about 10 GB of it so far, but then again, I haven't added the books i want yet.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:48 AM   #4
Stealthipad
Banned

I agree with the others. The ONLY reason I bought the 64gb unit is in hoping that Apple will update the software to give me FOLDERS to keep my docs and data in.

WTF, how hard would it have been to give us a place to store spread sheets and word files!
Stealthipad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:52 AM   #5
pelicanflip
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthipad View Post
I agree with the others. The ONLY reason I bought the 64gb unit is in hoping that Apple will update the software to give me FOLDERS to keep my docs and data in.

WTF, how hard would it have been to give us a place to store spread sheets and word files!
well...they are already stored on the iPad itself, are they not?

if you mean you want a place to visibly look at all of them and transfer between an iPad and another computer, you could always use airshare or another app.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 09:21 AM   #6
Flynnstone
macrumors 65816

Is 64GB iPad faster than 32/16GB models?

Yes.

at depleting your bank account.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 09:37 AM   #7
melman101
macrumors 68000

I have the 64GB WiFi iPad. Best decision I ever made. Have tons of music on there, pictures, and videos. And I have a 16GB iPhone 3GS. So I went with the smaller memory on the phone, but the largest on the iPad. I figured if this was going to be a computer I travel with, I want all my content with me when I'm on an airplane or something like that. Sure I could use my iPhone for music, but then I'm running down my cell phone listening to music. I'd rather use the iPad's ginormous battery.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:15 AM   #8
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthipad View Post

Why would you make that assumption when Apple has signaled that kind of file structure is clearly not the direction it is taking iOS? You can only be mad that your own hope has fooled you. If you place a glass vase on hope it breaks, every time.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:28 PM   #9
jamesryanbell
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa Chupa View Post
Why would you make that assumption when Apple has signaled that kind of file structure is clearly not the direction it is taking iOS? You can only be mad that your own hope has fooled you. If you place a glass vase on hope it breaks, every time.
Exactly. You have to *REALLY* research a product before you buy it. Extensively.
jamesryanbell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:58 PM   #10
poloponies
macrumors 68030

Actually I have a lot of work docs (I'm a lawyer) stored as pdfs in iBooks. We have some lengthy pleadings with exhibits (some in color) that I need to refer to periodically and it's very handy to have them on my iPad pdf iBookshelf.
poloponies is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad