Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTerpRunner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Hi,

So the initial reviews I have heard and seen is that the black bumper is not as snug as the white for some odd reason...Before I make a purchase and if I am lucky that petition works and it is free, can folks with other bumper colors share their feedback on how snug their case is to the iPhone4? I would like to get the turquoise blue one.

Thanks!

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
My blue one has some give on the side. You can see it a bit in this photo, towards the top where it bows out a bit:

DSC00650.jpg

Sleazy E

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2009
Disneyland
i had four bumpers shipped to me yesterday (black, white, pink, and orange). They all fit the same and all are very snug. sorry you heard differently.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Kind of silly question :rolleyes:
They're all the same.

Apple won't give you a replacement if it's too "loose."

rkb

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
I have a black and a white on the way, I'm interested in this as well. I also had an iP4 dock, but as it will not work with a Bumper I sold it to a friend. It seemed to me that taking the Bumper on and off to use the dock will only make a the fit issue a problem.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
They are all the same and they could fit better. And with them on you can't use the Apple dock!!!!!!

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
return it and get a new one, they aren't supposed to fit like that.

Sleazy, I'm glad I took your advice.

I just called Apple, and they're sending me a new, and free, bumper in white. She told me not to even bother returning the blue one, that I could just keep it for my troubles. I guess it pays to be friendly to the Apple rep.

:D (this made my day!)

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
a guy at work has a black one that doesn't fit snugly and he did the same thing called it in and they are sending him an Orange one instead. The local store here is getting them tomorrow so they say. a huge shipment so we'll see. I already am convinced the CandyShell is for me. I still want to get a bumper though.

bhsu21

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Sleazy, I'm glad I took your advice.

I just called Apple, and they're sending me a new, and free, bumper in white. She told me not to even bother returning the blue one, that I could just keep it for my troubles. I guess it pays to be friendly to the Apple rep.

:D (this made my day!)

I have a black one that has some give on the right side. When I call them, what should I tell them to get them to send me another one out?

bhsu21

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Well I called customer support to see what they would say and I spoke with a lady first and then she transferred me.

Spoke with a guy about bumper not fitting snugly and he said he has not heard about this problem (????). I did mention that others were having the same issue. So he couldn't offer a solution for me.

Should I try again with someone else? Should I say something different?

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
I actually just received mine in the mail and am pleased to say it has no give whatsoever. It's a black one, and fits very snug. When I first put it on, the sides were loose, but this was because the lips were folded under. Make sure you have it on properly, with no fold-unders, before returning it.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
My black one is snug. Yes, you need to work the lips over the flat surface of the phone for proper contact all around the phone. Enhances the look, as well.

gazzzmoly

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
i had four bumpers shipped to me yesterday (black, white, pink, and orange). They all fit the same and all are very snug. sorry you heard differently.
any chance you can post pics of all of them on the iphone not sure whaich color to pick and i cant find any pics

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
I have a black one that has some give on the right side. When I call them, what should I tell them to get them to send me another one out?

I don't really even know how it happened. She first offered to send out a replacement once mine arrived back at their warehouse, but I said wow, that will take so long, I want protection on my phone... and she just offered.

And since everything is worthless without pics (it says blue but on my actual order staus it says white. Who knows what I'll get :confused:):

View attachment 235377

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 101

joneill55

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Hi,

So the initial reviews I have heard and seen is that the black bumper is not as snug as the white for some odd reason...Before I make a purchase and if I am lucky that petition works and it is free, can folks with other bumper colors share their feedback on how snug their case is to the iPhone4? I would like to get the turquoise blue one.

Thanks!

My Black one fits like a glove! After a few days of using it, I like the case a lot used in conjunction with Invis-shield until Power Supports shields are available end of July.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
That's really ridiculous how its taking up to THREE weeks for the color ones. And on top of that, the black ones seem to NOT be in stores...sold out. I mean, really, Apple, its a piece of rubber. It can't possibly take that long to produce them. I'm puzzled as to why blacks are only in stores. Its like Apple thinks that only white iPhones users want color bumpers. :rolleyes:

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
That's really ridiculous how its taking up to THREE weeks for the color ones. And on top of that, the black ones seem to NOT be in stores...sold out. I mean, really, Apple, its a piece of rubber. It can't possibly take that long to produce them. I'm puzzled as to why blacks are only in stores. Its like Apple thinks that only white iPhones users want color bumpers. :rolleyes:

You're not kidding, same situation with me. You should see how much the black ones are going for on ebay. :eek:

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
I got my red iLuv bumper today.. pretty nice it came with a free screen protector.

BAD PICTURES, I know.

They were taken with my iPhone 3G.. bad lighting.. i'm lazy.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 93
  • photo-15.jpg
    photo-15.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 88

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008

Yeah... stupid Apple. In my town, there are rubber bumper manufacturers on every street corner and even one that will make 2 million of them in 2 hours. What was Apple thinking?!

[/sarcasm]

Apple didn't expect the demand, plain and simple. They've sold over 2 million iPhone 4s by now and they probably expected less than 20% of iPhone 4 buyers to want a Bumper. So, that left them about 1.6 million Bumpers short. And the facility that makes them probably has other products on their lines to make too. It's not like Apple went and built a facility just to make Bumpers.

And it's NOT just a piece of rubber. That's the beauty of it. It's actually a nicely clever design!

Mark

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I don't really even know how it happened. She first offered to send out a replacement once mine arrived back at their warehouse, but I said wow, that will take so long, I want protection on my phone... and she just offered.

And since everything is worthless without pics (it says blue but on my actual order staus it says white. Who knows what I'll get :confused:):

View attachment 235377

I called and spoke to a real jerk about it. He said he'd send me another black one. I hung up from him and called back to tell someone how rude he was, and she was awesome. She actually said she'd send me a blue one, too, for my trouble, so I have two replacements on the way--one black and one blue. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.