Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lululalalee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I have been trying to buy some but my local Apple store is out and they have no idea when they will get them in stock. When I look on Apple's site they have them not shipping till Mid to late July. I would like some protection considering my effing wrapsol hasn't arrived yet, so right now I'm skinless and bumperless.

iPadztr

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Pluto avenue
just got back from Walnut Creek, Ca apple store, they just got a bunch of black bumbers. I just got one from there. If you're close to Walnut Creek, Ca apple store, go there right now.

Goaliegeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
Colorado
My Apple store has a boat load in today. Black only though. They didn't have any yesterday. I got one and it's really nice. I'll buy a green one once they get colors in. (The guy said he has no idea when color Bumpers would come in)

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Ordered mine on preorder day (Jun 15th) and it only arrived yesterday. I ordered pink. So far I haven't seen any locally except for black, which is why the prices on eBay are outrageous right now.

milk242

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
I believe most apple stores got a crap load today. I went to the UTC mall in San Diego, CA and they have a whole column of just black bumper cases. Bought mine at 2:30 local time.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
My store just got some today! They've been sold out since launch. As the poster above said, most stores must have gotten shippings in today. I'm heading to get one before they close tonight.

bluer101

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
I got 2 just now at my local store. The funny thing is I called right before I went and the guy said no. I get there and they had 2 only left. Right after I picked them up others were right behind me asking.:D

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I got 2 just now at my local store. The funny thing is I called right before I went and the guy said no. I get there and they had 2 only left. Right after I picked them up others were right behind me asking.:D

Lol, sucks for them.

Nate025

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2008
Kept seeing people confirm bumpers in stock so I called my local store again and sure enough they were in. About 5 or 6 rows of bumpers on the wall when I got there. All black. Guess today's the day to find one.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Good call. Scottsdale quarter had about 8 left that I could see about 30 mins ago. Looks like many apple stores did get them. Fwiw I got AT&T to credit me 60 bucks for a case. Because I am 6'5" and can't hold this phone in a way that won't degrade the signal.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Montgomery Mall, Bethesda MD Apple store has black bumpers

Black bumpers available at Montgomery Mall Apple Store (Bethesda, MD). I was there with a friend who was buying some software, so asked about the bumpers and was pleasantly surprised to see a whole lot of them hanging there! I had been at the Tysons store yesterday and they had none, so this was a real surprise. Bought my iPhone one.....I like it more than I thought I might, actually. Now I'm definitely looking forward to the availability of the ones in colors!

tokiidokii

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2008
menlo park mall in edison nj had some black bumpers in stock. i got mine tonight at around 9pm before closing and i think they still have maybe 5 or so left.

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
I'm pretty sure Apple Stores got them in stock now, if not your store I am sure by tomorrow or weekend. I was told 100 Bumpers at one store and according to this person another 100 + colors next Wed. we shall see...

Adamb18c5

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
Has anyone seen them in stock in any Dallas area stores? I can't find one anywhere, even a decent case.

blazinz

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
black is the only thing out it seems... im still trying to find any of the colors

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Freehold Mall in NJ had about 10 in stock as of today around 1:45pm. Black only.

hypoh

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2009
Black bumpers available at Montgomery Mall Apple Store (Bethesda, MD). I was there with a friend who was buying some software, so asked about the bumpers and was pleasantly surprised to see a whole lot of them hanging there! I had been at the Tysons store yesterday and they had none, so this was a real surprise. Bought my iPhone one.....I like it more than I thought I might, actually. Now I'm definitely looking forward to the availability of the ones in colors!

Tysons store was fully stocked as of this morning.

Bob Loblaw

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Oakton, Virginia
I went by 2 of the 5 Apple stores here in Northern Virginia yesterday. Both the Reston and Tyson's Corner Apple Stores had tons of black bumpers, but had no idea when they'd get other colors in.

I ordered a blue one Tuesday morning. I'll wait for that rather than get a black one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.