Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:38 PM   #1
flynnst0ne
macrumors regular

Iphone4 - turn off 3G??

The only way i can seem to get my phone to work is when im not on 3G in my house. Everywhere else throughout town the phone works great. I never experienced these issues with my 3GS so i know its not signal issues where i live... How can i turn off 3G to just run Edge??
flynnst0ne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:44 PM   #2
coelacanth
macrumors 6502

Go Setting, General then Network. You'll find "Enable 3G" option. Turn that off and you can force the phone to edge only mode.
coelacanth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:51 PM   #3
flynnst0ne
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coelacanth View Post
Go Setting, General then Network. You'll find "Enable 3G" option. Turn that off and you can force the phone to edge only mode.
You sir are a lifesaver!!
flynnst0ne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:14 AM   #4
melterx12
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnst0ne View Post
You sir are a lifesaver!!
i didnt know 3G was so dangerous
melterx12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 05:37 AM   #5
Rosenberg
macrumors newbie

Got a shiny new iPhone 4 and want to turn 3G off and just use normal UK cellular data. I go in to Settings > General > Network, as I did on my old iPhone but there is no option to turn of 3G??? All I have done today is send a couple of texts and I am down to 87% already!! Am I missing something?
Rosenberg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 05:49 AM   #6
boss.king
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenberg View Post
Got a shiny new iPhone 4 and want to turn 3G off and just use normal UK cellular data. I go in to Settings > General > Network, as I did on my old iPhone but there is no option to turn of 3G??? All I have done today is send a couple of texts and I am down to 87% already!! Am I missing something?
Screenshot of the Network page?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:49 AM   #7
androiphone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenberg View Post
I'm gonna guess you are on 3 Mobile, because their whole network is purely 3G that is the reason you can't turn it off, and you wouldn't want to turn it off as if forced it to only use 2G then they would disconnect you as it is breaking their T&Cs
androiphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone