Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Well if you live long distance from your significant other, there is another possible use for Facetime as long as you both have an i4.

I do not think I need to post the exact topic but funny someone I know doesn't see their partner because of traveling, and it occured to me what a good feature can do for a relationship :D

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Somehow, I don't think you are the first person who realized Facetime is great for phone sex.

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
or it can be used for real purposes like so deaf people can sign to each other.

DJ88

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Downtown Miami
What are you talking about? This use for facetime is nothing new, it's in the facetime commercial, and I think just about everyone has though about this use before at some time or another

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
What are you talking about? This use for facetime is nothing new, it's in the facetime commercial, and I think just about everyone has though about this use before at some time or another

I don't remember that part of the Facetime commercial. :eek:

Seems odd, given the sexy-app purge.

cfink

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando, FL
I figured they'd have a real-time nudity sensor on it...as soon as things started to get hot it'd throw up a pic of a giant mooseknuckle or something.

Fink :apple:

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
"oo-er missus!", "fnarr fnarr", "matron!", "nudge, nudge, wink, wink!"

I do not think I need to post the exact topic
Oh, why so coy and bashful?
Call it by its name.
Facetime would be great for some long distance sex.
but funny someone I know doesn't see their partner because of traveling, and it occured to me what a good feature can do for a relationship :D

This hardly an original idea…
Surely it was the second if not first most people thought of.
;)

However did people manage way back when with just a 0800 number in a telephone booth?

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
Video phone sex is a real purpose too. I'd like to hear more of what makes your "real purpose" list.
there is alot of other uses. everyone just likes to use the newest gadgets to improve their sex life.
yes im aware of that commercial. i think its a great idea.
I don't remember that part of the Facetime commercial. :eek:

Seems odd, given the sexy-app purge.

I think he was refering to me talking about signing to someone.

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
there is alot of other uses. everyone just likes to use the newest gadgets to improve their sex life.

yes im aware of that commercial. i think its a great idea.

I think he was refering to me talking about signing to someone.

Yes I know, that was sarcasm.

You know, as a joke. That humor thing. Remember humor? From before our iPhones lost signal from being held by the corner?

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
If only there was an on-screen button to activate the vibrator on demand.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I figured they'd have a real-time nudity sensor on it...as soon as things started to get hot it'd throw up a pic of a giant mooseknuckle or something.

Fink :apple:

Nope as soon as things get going, you lose your Signal and the call ends :D

or it can be used for real purposes like so deaf people can sign to each other.

I thought the there was something in one of their videos where two people were using sign language in the video as well.

Airmark1

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
It makes a pretty good baby monitor. It's easy to set up and portable.

EDIT: As in going to a friends/grandparents house and you didn't bring your baby monitor from home. It's probably not practical for every day use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.