Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Funk-O-Meter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Anybody have any info on when the next shipments will be arriving in ATnT/Best Buy stores?

Because I'm switching from a Go-Phone plan and have no major credit card (ATnT don't accept bank/check cards of any kind) I can't order but have to wait for a store to have some on hand to sell to walk up customers.

I've been calling every day or two to inquire but my ATnT store had no info as to when the next shipment will arrive. And I have no Apple Store within a 100 miles of me.

Thanks

Ssunbrn

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Good luck trying to get one at best buy. I'm still waiting for them to fulfill my pre order from 25 June. There is another thread with others still waiting.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I called my local AT&T store today and they simply told me to come in an purchase one. It would ship to my house direct from Apple ... in about a month.

Funk-O-Meter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Anybody else got any info on new stock?

I'd love to just order one but AT&T says because of how thy "authorize" then "charge" cards when the phone is shipped that at some point there is a double charge until one is credited back. Thus they cannot accept bank/ATM/check cards. And I don't believe in credit cards so....

Funk-O-Meter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Best buy said they're trickling in to fill pre-orders and they show up in a UPS truck (not a Best Buy truck) at random hours and they have no idea when they're gonna show up or how many. LOL. My ATnT store has no information about incoming stock for "walk in's" either. They're only taking orders with the 7-10 day ship period. Wish I could just order one from them but they won't take my money :)

NerdTeks

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2009
Wife got a call today from Best Buy saying her preorder came in today. I managed to get mine on Launch day from the same Best Buy.

dlemmon

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
denver, co
Luck

I happend to be near a best buy this morning, when they opened, they said maybe today when the UPS truck comes. I waited 20min and they got some in. after checking for the presales, they said they had six to sell. There were two of us there.
Don't bother calling in, while I was there, they had about 50 calls when they opened about the ip4. They were going to call everyone back when they got a chance, which was after they sold 4 of the 6.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
They are arriving constantly at Best Buy. Keep checking periodically as much as you can. I just walked in and got one on Wednesday June 30th from my Best Buy, they had 3 of the 32GB phones and sold them all before I left. I got really lucky! Good luck with your search!

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
My Virginia Beach Best Buy told me that they hadn't gotten anymore in since launch, and that they are doing walk-ins only.

MLeepson

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
USA
I work at radioshack and we got a total of..... drum roll please.... 3!!!! iphones in today....

Haha. Wow.

I'm number 7 on the list and when I called today they said they've fulfilled none of the orders people have placed.
How often have been getting them?

JoshuaA

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2010
Called my local store, who had 0... then a reseller store in the next town over had ONE 32GB version left.

I hurried over there, only to find out that they don't sell to different markets at a reseller location (my plan is from another state). So I had some lady shaking the iP4 box in my face, laughing, saying "Haha, you're out of luck". Great professionalism - probably never going back there again.

I guess I'll have to wait for my Jun 22 Apple Store online order to ship in 3 more weeks...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.