Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoid

macrumors 601
Original poster
I'm writting a small Java program soon that I want to make accessible on the web. I'll be coding in BlueJ or Eclipse, though I also have XCode. It's a simple search and sort app with a simple two text area, one button GUI.

How do I get this simple applet out off the IDE and functional to an end user on the web? Do I need to use (or avoid) any specific techniques or methods?

Thanks,

stoid

bastardx

macrumors member
May 16, 2003
Eugene, OR
Well, if you already wrote your applet, all you have to do is create a webpage(if the IDE doesn't do that for you already, which allows you to place the applet on the web. Then, if you compile the java into a .class file, and upload that and the website onto a server, you can then just have people go to the website where the applet lives, and they will run it automatically. If that sounds too confusing, which it may, try going here:http://www.krhs.net/computerscience/java/aplethtm.htm , that site may help you see what you have to do to place applets on the web. Hopefully this helps you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.