Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fast/Furious

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS with 4.0 that I'd like to be able to downgrade and then use sn0wbreeze 1.6.1 to get a jailbroken OS4.

I have jailbroken this phone back when it was running 3.1.3 with Spirit and I used Cydia. I never chose to save my SHSH files, but I read on some threads that just running Cydia would make it automatically save them. Is this true? If it makes any difference, I jailbroke with Spirit around the middle of June 2010.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS with 4.0 that I'd like to be able to downgrade and then use sn0wbreeze 1.6.1 to get a jailbroken OS4.

I have jailbroken this phone back when it was running 3.1.3 with Spirit and I used Cydia. I never chose to save my SHSH files, but I read on some threads that just running Cydia would make it automatically save them. Is this true? If it makes any difference, I jailbroke with Spirit around the middle of June 2010.

In order to save SHSH blobs, you must push the "Make my life easier" button, then Cydia saves the currently firmware being signed by Apple and every version thereafter. The ever version thereafter is the automatic part, but you must push the button first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.