Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Jul 4, 2010, 05:14 AM   #1
thecoolone1
macrumors regular

Simple Review on Best Skins Ever (BSE) for iPhone 4!

Best Skins Ever has to be one of my favorite skins company out there. They use great quality skins at very affordable prices. I also like the options they give you to purchase either the Front, the Back side, or both! There cuts are very precise and right on point matching up to the iPhone 4 perfectly. Installation is also a breeze to go through, very simple and the only thing to really worry about is making sure your phone is lint/dust free and aligning the skin correctly on the device. It hasn't even been 24 hours and I've noticed it has already dried without leaving any cloudiness and/or air bubbles.

With BSE your going to get which ever skin you pick and an invoice in just a regular paper envelope saying "Your order is here… Woo Hoo!". As you can tell the company eliminates all this big packaging you see other skins shipping in. BSE does not include any wet solution or a squeegee for the installation which I personally don't mind since what you need, you practically already have!

I would advise you to turn your iPhone 4 OFF prior to the installation.

What I did is get a small spray container and filled it with water and just a drop of soap (i used dish soap) and then mixed the two up and there you go, you got your spray solution. For a squeegee I used a regular credit card (something stiff) so I could push out all the water and air bubbles. I performed this installation on top of a lint free microfiber cloth and had an extra small cloth beside me to wipe away all the water from coming out of the sides. Once you start to squeegee the liquid out your going to want to grab a cloth and wipe it away especially around the dock connector and headphone jack so you don't trip the sensors!

Once your satisfied with the skin then all you do is let it dry. Personally what I did is once I was done, I slipped it into a regular rubber case and just let it dry that way, it seems that way the case is putting some pressure on the phone so it might dry a bit faster.

For the Installation process it couldn't be any easier and less frustrating than other skin companies I've used in the past. The price is very low - you can get a Total Body Skin (front, back, and sides) for $7.99, the screen portion for $5.99, or the back portion and sides for $5.99 as well. Shipping time took about 3 days from ordering online to getting straight in my mail box.

Below are some pictures that I took with the BSE on the back of the phone and on the side/top of the iPhone 4. As you can see it's almost invisible! I love it and from now on I'll be giving my business to BSE.

Please note I am in no way affiliated with Best Skins Ever.

thecoolone1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 05:20 AM   #2
sm0
macrumors regular

Thanks for the review pal and nice install. Btw, where did you get the butt plug?

Will you be using as is or using another case i.e. bumper over it?

Cheers
Old Jul 4, 2010, 05:32 AM   #3
thecoolone1
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0 View Post
Thanks for the review pal and nice install. Btw, where did you get the butt plug?

Will you be using as is or using another case i.e. bumper over it?

Cheers
Bought the plug at my local radio shack for a couple bucks in a pack of 2. For now I'm gonna try it naked in a belt clip holster!
Old Jul 4, 2010, 05:44 AM   #4
Romanesq
macrumors 6502a

On order

Waiting on delivery.

How come no pic on the front? That's what most will be looking at.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 05:52 AM   #5
thecoolone1
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanesq View Post
Waiting on delivery.

How come no pic on the front? That's what most will be looking at.
Only back and sides for me. I'm going with SGP Steinheil crystal on the front which by the way are amazing screen protectors!
Old Jul 4, 2010, 05:53 AM   #6
katai
macrumors regular

Your back skin came precut for flash?
katai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 05:59 AM   #7
thecoolone1
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by katai View Post
Your back skin came precut for flash?
Yes, there is one single cutout shared between the camera and flash.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 06:18 AM   #8
Phenomkickz
macrumors member

Good post,, did you spray your fingers with the solution? Pics of bottle? Thanks
Phenomkickz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 09:38 AM   #9
christyn
macrumors 6502a

Nice review, thanks.

Did the same thing as you, just ordered BSE for the back and already have a crystal SGP front installed, although I'll probably swap it out for PS when it's available.
christyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:38 AM   #10
melterx12
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoolone1 View Post
Only back and sides for me. I'm going with SGP Steinheil crystal on the front which by the way are amazing screen protectors!
are steinheil protectors static cling or do they stick on like best skins ever?
melterx12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:57 AM   #11
drew0020
macrumors 65816

I love BSE and have used them for years. I ordered two skins from them for the iPhone 4. For whatever reason the front skin has not dried correctly. Ive never had this problem and have installed over 20 of these. Plus it looks like there is an inch horizontal line in the skin. Disappointed but I have another skin to use.
drew0020 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 11:05 AM   #12
drew0020
macrumors 65816

oh and did your come with a cover near the volume buttons? mine did not and it looks strange.
drew0020 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 09:22 PM   #13
StandardMeth0d
macrumors member

Great pics! Think you can take pics of the screen on/off? Thanks!
StandardMeth0d is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 04:08 AM   #14
VTAb182
macrumors regular

How is the feel of it? Does it feel like nothing is there, rubbery, orange peel?
VTAb182 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 04:14 AM   #15
Hellishness
macrumors 65816

Wow, I'm actually considering BSE after those pics. Looks much better than the one on the back of my iPod touch that I'm holding right now. I have to ask though, does it actually look that nice in real life? Your angles seemed a bit steep, almost as if you were trying to make it look nicer than it really is...
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:03 AM   #16
joneildu
macrumors member

It really looks nice in real life. I did, however, snap some shots of the orange peeling, because it does orange peel. It's not noticeable unless you angle the phone under contrasting light. It also does have a rubbery feel to it, which I actually like. I took some pictures of the orange peel effect here. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=958676
joneildu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 01:51 PM   #17
ajvizzgamer101
macrumors 6502a

I just got mine in today, I order them maybe 2 days after the release of the iPhone and was surprised that mine have the updated cut for the LED Flash! Best Skins Ever are the best ever.. just got to wait for my iPhone 4 to come in the mail :/
ajvizzgamer101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2010, 04:01 AM   #18
germanjulian
macrumors regular

hopefully will get mine end of the weak.

I like the bumper but I want to go naked now.

I didnt get insurance for no reason a drop is a drop
germanjulian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:09 AM   #19
QCassidy352
macrumors G3

Has anyone seen a difference in signal problems with a BSE? I.e you had the problem and this lessened or eliminated it? I'm soon to get an ip4 and am weighing my options. I've used BSE w/o a case on my iPhone 2g and 3GS but don't know if it affects the antenna issue.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:14 AM   #20
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0 View Post
Btw, where did you get the butt plug?

Never thought I'd see that asked on MR.
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 04:10 PM   #21
teezee09
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTAb182 View Post
How is the feel of it? Does it feel like nothing is there, rubbery, orange peel?
I find that it adds a bit of rubbery texture. I like it though because it gives the phone some grip when I'm using it without the bumper. Still when I pull it out of my pocket, the back film is smooth enough that I have to look at my phone to see which side is the front vs the back. There's a slight orange peel if you look at it at the right angle, which is why I only have a film on the back.
teezee09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:18 PM   #22
LeroyTheGreat38
macrumors member

I would also like to know if it helps with the antenna issue.

And what does the plug do in the bottom of the phone?
LeroyTheGreat38 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:46 PM   #23
hipvamore
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to hipvamore
i love bse their the best soo good
Old Oct 31, 2010, 02:07 AM   #24
kenshin!
macrumors newbie

To the original poster:

Very nice review! May I ask you, did you spray paint your own iphone 4 yourself or is it professionally done? can we please see the picture of the front of your iphone?
kenshin! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2011, 08:59 AM   #25
richxps
macrumors 65816

How are these skins holding up? Anyone ditch the skin for a case?
richxps is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories