Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jul 4, 2010, 02:55 PM   #1
PlanEx
macrumors newbie

Can't Install Drivers on Windows 7

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my late 2008 MacBook Pro and everything went smoothly until it came time for me to pop in my Snow Leopard disk and install the drivers. When I put the disk in I get a window called "Install Assistant" that has two options: "Remote Install Mac OS X" for MacBook Air computers and "DVD or CD Sharing" again for MacBook Air computers.

This doesn't seem right. Shouldn't I get a window that lets me install the necessary drivers for Windows 7? I've also tried my 10.5 Leopard disk with the same result.

I have also tried downloading the Boot Camp 3.1 update, but when I attempt to install it I receive a message telling me that in order to install Boot Camp 3.1 I need to have Boot Camp 3.0 or higher.

Any ideas?
PlanEx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 03:02 PM   #2
PlanEx
macrumors newbie

I believe I figured it out. For anyone else who has this issue, the solution is to right click on the DVD under "My Computer" and browse to the setup.exe under the "Boot Camp" folder.

Windows was trying to trick me
PlanEx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 01:19 AM   #3
elpmas
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanEx View Post
I believe I figured it out. For anyone else who has this issue, the solution is to right click on the DVD under "My Computer" and browse to the setup.exe under the "Boot Camp" folder.

Windows was trying to trick me
Hhahahaha :] sneaky windows :]
iPhone 5 32gb
elpmas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:02 PM   #4
IisTomyeah.
macrumors newbie

I had exactly the same problem.

Thanks for posting this, saved much time.

Sneaky buggers.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac