Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlanEx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my late 2008 MacBook Pro and everything went smoothly until it came time for me to pop in my Snow Leopard disk and install the drivers. When I put the disk in I get a window called "Install Assistant" that has two options: "Remote Install Mac OS X" for MacBook Air computers and "DVD or CD Sharing" again for MacBook Air computers.

This doesn't seem right. Shouldn't I get a window that lets me install the necessary drivers for Windows 7? I've also tried my 10.5 Leopard disk with the same result.

I have also tried downloading the Boot Camp 3.1 update, but when I attempt to install it I receive a message telling me that in order to install Boot Camp 3.1 I need to have Boot Camp 3.0 or higher.

Any ideas?

PlanEx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
I believe I figured it out. For anyone else who has this issue, the solution is to right click on the DVD under "My Computer" and browse to the setup.exe under the "Boot Camp" folder.

Windows was trying to trick me :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.