Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Hi

A lot of mention on the Dodocase but I came across these guys and wondered if anyone has bought one. Looks similar to the Dodocase with a few slight differences!

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Love the iPhone version! My husband will want one. For me, as pretty as it is, if it doesn't have a real typing position, I just don't find it to be a practical iPad case. Add in that it's really not drop proof (which they themselves admit on their FAQ page) and it's a lot to spend on a case that is more decorative than functional.

Just me though. Judging by how popular the Dodo is, this will likely sell well.

vito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Hi

I had similar thoughts about typing comfortability but it seems okay judging from reviews of the Dodocase. I was looking for an alternative to the dodo due to recent reports of issues with their case.

cloroxbleach4

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Just purchased one today. Can't wait till it comes in. It offers more features ( sounds channel, bookmark tab, and straps to lock it into a stand) than the dodo case and is cheaper.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
i too just ran across this case. I was never interested in the dodo one. but this looks like it props up much better than the dodo case which makes it much more appealing to me. I think I might pull the trigger on this one.

itoddm

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
North Carolina
I'm been looking over the Pad and Quill case also and I like it much more than the DoDo Case. Looks like a simple case but a good one. I think for me I like the way it hides the iPad so it doesn't scream "expensive piece of equipment."

jeremyblevins

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2010
well i got excited when i read the thread title thinking awesome a quill for multitouch surfaces. but alas my dreams are destroyed :(

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Damn this thread. As if I needed yet another case :)

Just ordered both the iPad & iPhone case. Shipping was $30 first item + $10 for subsequent item.

itoddm

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
North Carolina
Did you get an email saying it was shipping? I'm still waiting patiently for mine.

Also, when did you order?

I sent an email and they said it would ship out the first of next week. On their facebook page they also said they had a big shipment going out this first of next week. I ordered a couple of weeks ago.

cloroxbleach4

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I sent an email and they said it would ship out the first of next week. On their facebook page they also said they had a big shipment going out this first of next week. I ordered a couple of weeks ago.

I just decided to email them too. I've been anxiously waiting for it to arrive.

iFidget

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Has anyone else had a problem getting to their facebook page? The link just throws me straight to the facebook homepage, and I can't find them in any searches. itoddm's post is the only indication I've had that it's actually working.

itoddm

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
North Carolina
I know what you mean. After this long wait, hopefully it's what I expect. I couldn't find any reviews on the case either, it's not as popular as the dodocase.

It looks like it is better made than dodo but that is just my opinion based on pictures from the web. The bamboo frame worried me along with the rubber stoppers to keep the iPad in. The sound channel seemed like a nice touch (if it makes a difference).

mchank

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
Received mine

I received mine a few days ago. So far I really like it; I had a Dodocase on order earlier, but cancelled it due to all the concerns about it not holding the iPad securely. What's the point of a case if it drops the iPad? The fit is extremely snug. The corner pads are made up of rubber, not compressible foam like the Dodo, and holds the iPad in really well. The case is pretty big and a little heavy, but looks very nice and really hides the iPad inconspicuously when carrying it around. The nice thing about the snap is that it props up the cover movie viewing securely, which was a complaint with the Dodocase.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

itoddm

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
North Carolina
I received mine a few days ago. So far I really like it; I had a Dodocase on order earlier, but cancelled it due to all the concerns about it not holding the iPad securely. What's the point of a case if it drops the iPad? The fit is extremely snug. The corner pads are made up of rubber, not compressible foam like the Dodo, and holds the iPad in really well. The case is pretty big and a little heavy, but looks very nice and really hides the iPad inconspicuously when carrying it around. The nice thing about the snap is that it props up the cover movie viewing securely, which was a complaint with the Dodocase.

You mentioned one thing that was a selling point for me. I like the fact that is hides the iPad. Also I was afraid the ipad would fall out of the DoDo case also from the videos I saw whereas the Quill looked more secure.

Do you think the "sound channel" amplifies the sound?
Does the covering seem like it will stand up to use?

cloroxbleach4

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Anyway you could post some pics?

applesupergeek

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
Hi

A lot of mention on the Dodocase but I came across these guys and wondered if anyone has bought one. Looks similar to the Dodocase with a few slight differences!

I lobe your taste bro, these are some very classy, chic and vintage looking products, and very good prices too. :)

I d love to hear about ease of use and weight.

vito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK

Hi

Does it add a great deal of weight or is it acceptable?

Is the typing angle okay, does the seam/bind handle the weight of the iPad okay?

Please post some pics!

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.