Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:52 AM   #1
SeverinK
macrumors newbie

Stupid Gmail Sub-folders in mail

This has been bothering me for more than a year now, I did at one point give up and bought Mail Plane which is pretty much gmail without using a web browser. But anyway, I get these annoying subfolders (Highlighted in Red) when I register a Gmail account with Mail.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 03:21 PM   #2
deadwulfe
macrumors 6502a

Assuming you're using IMAP, I'm not sure if it's necessary to have the Google Labs advanced IMAP thing in your GMail settings to do this, but you can choose which folders "Show in IMAP" under the Labels option.
deadwulfe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 03:40 PM   #3
Caleb531
macrumors 6502

You can enable the Advanced IMAP Controls feature in Gmail Labs. Then you can check which of those labels Show in IMAP in the Labels tab.

The [Gmail] folder will still remain (that's just part of Gmail IMAP). You can get rid of it my moving all of your folders into that [Gmail] folder, then setting the IMAP path prefix (Preferences... > Accounts > Advanced) to [Gmail]. This gets rid of the [Gmail] folder, but at the cost of appending [Gmail]/ to your label names in the web interface.

Hope that all made sense.
Caleb531 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 03:42 PM   #4
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

How-to: Proper Gmail IMAP for iPhone & Apple Mail
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store