Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 5, 2010, 06:53 AM   #1
wrkactjob
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London
Headphone Lead Length

Am going to buy an ipad at the weekend and want to watch video footage on the morning train journey.

Looking for a good set of headphones and initially considered BT but read you can't watch a movie with them and the ipad as the sound wil be out of synch.

But most headphones I have seen seem to have a 1.5
meter lead which is just too long!

Can you buy headphones with short leads?
wrkactjob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 06:56 AM   #2
Gav2k
macrumors 601
 
Gav2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Yes you can. Apple uk store stock some can't remember the brand but it is .75m long with a .75m extension included.
__________________
iPad 3 4G 64Gb - iPad 2 3G 64Gb - iPad 3G 32Gb - iPhone 2g 8Gb - iPhone 3g 8Gb - iPhone 3gs 16Gb - iPhone 4 32Gb -iPhone 4s 64Gb - MacBook unibody Alu - mac mini i5 2.5Ghz - mac mini 2Ghz
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 07:40 AM   #3
Hammie
macrumors 65816
 
Hammie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wash, DC Metro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav2k View Post
Yes you can. Apple uk store stock some can't remember the brand but it is .75m long with a .75m extension included.
I have the Denon AH-C710's and they have a short lead with an extension lead. They look good and sound good. May want to look into them as an option.
Hammie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 07:46 AM   #4
wrkactjob
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London
Thanks! That sounds just what I need!
wrkactjob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 09:17 AM   #5
Seamaster
macrumors 6502a
 
Seamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrkactjob View Post
Am going to buy an ipad at the weekend and want to watch video footage on the morning train journey. Looking for a good set of headphones and initially considered BT but read you can't watch a movie with them and the ipad as the sound wil be out of synch.
Who told you that?

I use Sony DR-BT22 Bluetooth headphones with my iPad and they work perfectly.
Seamaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:21 AM   #6
wrkactjob
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
Who told you that?

I use Sony DR-BT22 Bluetooth headphones with my iPad and they work perfectly.

Really?!! I have read on here more than once that all BT headphones will fail to synch with video as the time taken to process the audio and transmit it to the unit is to slow too keep up with the action?

Is this a case of misinformation?
wrkactjob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:17 AM   #7
Seamaster
macrumors 6502a
 
Seamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrkactjob View Post
Really?!! I have read on here more than once that all BT headphones will fail to synch with video as the time taken to process the audio and transmit it to the unit is to slow too keep up with the action? Is this a case of misinformation?
It's utter rubbish.
Seamaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:39 AM   #8
Dwanep
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nebraska
Bs

My motorola S9 works great.
Dwanep is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Get the lead out! BBC article about paper confirming link between lead and crime jnpy!$4g3cwk Politics, Religion, Social Issues 24 Apr 24, 2014 07:32 PM
Has Apple taken the lead? lovewd iPhone 14 Sep 18, 2013 12:15 AM
Does lead cause crime? jnpy!$4g3cwk Politics, Religion, Social Issues 33 Aug 15, 2013 04:54 PM
Mac mini power lead length USB123 Mac mini 4 Oct 26, 2012 09:24 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC